Home

Why do we care how others review the game?

This is a discussion on Why do we care how others review the game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-03-2003, 01:01 AM   #9
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Why do we care how others review the game?

Most reviews I just use as a mesuring stick to compair a game to the year before, which most of the time I've played if it's a sports game. Try to get a feel for the improvements they made on last years title or just any other information they wanna provide. I usually don't put too much thoughts into most reviewers opinions though since it's just that. an opinion.

This site is great because you can get a ton of info on the games to help give you enough info to get some sort of clue about the game and make a general opinion from there of if a game's worth trying or not. Usually it's the other posters reviews and opinions that I take most serisously since they'll go indepth to answer questions you have about the game. Of course you have to weed out all the bad posters from the good ones, but usually that's not too difficult they do a lot to help you with that obviously.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:53 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

But what's bad about some reviews is when a respected magazine, namely EGM, doesn't give a fair review and it seems they played a beta version and not a finished one. And their review seemed, incomplete, if you follow me. Their review wasn't point, counter point. They would give it a rating with no reason, and that's not fair to sega. They put out a shoddy review just to be the first to review, you know.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:47 AM   #11
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
I bought 2k3 on Friday for $8 used. I played some Friday night and hated it. I didn't want to give up on it right away so I played lots today. After playing today, the game is awesome. If you are used to Madden, it takes a while to get the feel for the game. I plan on getting ESPN now and not Madden.

Same thing we all went through bro. Hated it, hated it hated it..........gave it a chance.... loved it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2003, 01:56 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

wooz123 said:
But what's bad about some reviews is when a respected magazine, namely EGM, doesn't give a fair review and it seems they played a beta version and not a finished one. And their review seemed, incomplete, if you follow me. Their review wasn't point, counter point. They would give it a rating with no reason, and that's not fair to sega. They put out a shoddy review just to be the first to review, you know.

The sad thing is, the general public/ the general buying public usually those that don't know about this place (OS) look at the reviews in the magazines and don't give the ESPN series the time of day and talk major trash about it, based merely on another one's point of view.

It really is there loss to a degree.

If Madden is fun for them, let it be.

We all know the ESPN series doesn't really need the money. They aren't going bankrupt anytime soon. So I don't think we need to worry if others are short changing the ESPN franchise.

Just let it be and lets enjoy our games.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Quote:

wooz123 said:

The sad thing is, the general public/ the general buying public usually those that don't know about this place (OS) look at the reviews in the magazines and don't give the ESPN series the time of day and talk major trash about it, based merely on another one's point of view.

It really is there loss to a degree.

If Madden is fun for them, let it be.

We all know the ESPN series doesn't really need the money. They aren't going bankrupt anytime soon. So I don't think we need to worry if others are short changing the ESPN franchise.

Just let it be and lets enjoy our games.

Nfl 2k3 got amazing reviews last year and was still outsold something like 8 to 1 by madden. Enter the Matrix got horrible reviews(its a horrible game) and has sold millions of copies. Reviews have nothing to do with the sales of a game, marketing and hearsay are the basic selling points.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:56 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

And the best hearsay is the kind when you see "NFL" players phrase's Madden.

That there alone can sell millions of copies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »