Home

One thing that in my opinion would put ESPN over the top...

This is a discussion on One thing that in my opinion would put ESPN over the top... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2003, 01:50 PM   #33
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: One thing that in my opinion would put ESPN over the top...

Quote:

wwharton said:
Trust me, bro, many of us recognized where the name was from.

I think I know what you're saying, it's just your semantics are wrong. The ratings are fine. In fact playing 2 player games they are spot on...could always be better but no real complaints. What you're talking about is the CPU taking advantage of the better players they have.

I think this is a factor of other things though. The CPU takes what you give them. I guess the problem is they ALWAYS take what you give them. You keep stacking the box and they will throw on you...shade the D to Moss and they will hit the open receivers you leave to shadow Moss. This is exactly as they should do but they should force the issue a little more with the elite players (running with LT even though the box is stacked, or tossing one deep to Harrison even though the zone is shifted his way).

Wouldn't that make the cpu easier to stop Eventho its realistic IMO.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:20 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: One thing that in my opinion would put ESPN over the top...

Do you mean would doing that would make the CPU easier to stop? Theoretically, yes, but not necessarily. Playing many multiplayer games I've seen people rely heavily on their star WR/TE/RB. They call more plays for them, look for them in plays that aren't even designed for them etc. The CPU goes to anyone who's open.

Here's an example...if I play your Vikings I'll call a Cover 3 Weak and control the safety near the middle of the field to basically double/triple team Moss if he tries to go deep. If I do this all game you'll eventually try to throw to Moss anyway, and he's good enough that he'll eventually get his 80-150 yards despite this type of D.

If I do this against the CPU they won't throw one ball Moss' way unless he runs a short pattern underneath or something like that. They'll still move the ball but not to Moss. With this strategy I can keep their offense underneath my safeties which is perfect if I have a lead and time on my side, or just in general. They won't take the chance, only what's given them. See what I mean?

Same is true for RBs. If I'm playing the Chargers, they should run som PA passes and short routes but for the most part they should be pounding the ball with LT no matter how many people I have in the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »