Home

Do we know if 2K Sports is working on a football game...

This is a discussion on Do we know if 2K Sports is working on a football game... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Do we know if 2K Sports is working on a football game...

2K Sports Approaches NFL About 2K13 Licensing Deal

"It looks like everything we had been hearing over the last year and half has turned out to be true as word is now coming out that Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, has approached the NFL about a licensing deal for the 2013 NFL season."

http://gofanboy.com/go-fanboy-news/3...icensing-deal/

(take it with a grain of salt I guess)
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

It would be Glorious if 2K has the opportunity to make an NFL or NCAA game again....i really want REAL football without 1000 slider tweaks that still don't add up.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820

"It looks like everything we had been hearing over the last year and half has turned out to be true as word is now coming out that Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, has approached the NFL about a licensing deal for the 2013 NFL season."

WOW, 2k sold off one of their most profitable assets in hopes to pay for the NFL license!! Jeebus, talk about a hail mary.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820

Now this is something tangible. Appreciate the link!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #21
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

What I haven't seen anyone mention is this:

EA has a contract with ESPN, and the NFL. As a result, we hear from EA that there is a conflict of interest in putting either "team" in the game, meaning NFL network or ESPN presentation, unlike the college game, which has ESPN presentation elements and no "NCAA Network" thing to cry about it like the NFL Network.

So, my point is this... with EA owning the ESPN exclusive, and if 2K sports does get that @k13 deal done that they are rumored to be working on with the NFL, we may get an NFL Network version of what ESPN 2k5 was from a presentation stand point.

From a game play stand point, 2k5 and 2k8's biggest issues were some defensive AI problems in recognizing a scrambling QB or playing man coverage or abandoning their zone when the ball is in the air coming right at them. [Yes, you can user control, but that is a work around of a core issue. That also doesn't help computer controlled teams.] Anyway, if there were not very many game play issues at all with 2k football games. In fact, 2k5 and 2k8 have set a standard in game play madden is still far from achieving.

What I really miss when going from Madden back to 2k games in the pre-snap controls like "playmaker" where you can flip a running play with out flipping a formation, and the playbooks Madden has. Some people may liek he play books in 2k game,s but they are still shallow compared to Madden's. Also, madden's plays have more going on in them: Auto motion, delay routes, option routes, and QB contain [not spy] on defense.

If we could get Next Gen graphics, because let's be honest, 2k8 looked like PS2+ not 360 level, along with better pre-snap and deeper play books, we would have an amazing NFL game on our hands.

I do have a lot of trust in 2k to make a great NFL game out of the gates. they earned that trust. I, like many others, never trusted EA to do a good job when we read they bought the exclusive license from the NFL.

P.S. I played NFL @k and 2k2 on the Dream Cast and 2k5 on my XBox. I don't dislike my 2k8, but I need the NFL and 2k8 feels more like 2k5 light than it felt like a new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

they need to get the license back. six years after ea got the exclusive rights and the nfl is now arguably the worst represented sport in video games. it's ridiculous.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Some people may liek he play books in 2k game,s but they are still shallow compared to Madden's. Also, madden's plays have more going on in them: Auto motion, delay routes, option routes, and QB contain [not spy] on defense.
2k's playbooks are quite vanilla, but generally good. Madden's have more variety of plays, but less plays overall. If 2k had the variety of Madden's playbooks and the things you mention then they would be better. I'd like to see the wildcat in a 2k game too.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
2k's playbooks are quite vanilla, but generally good. Madden's have more variety of plays, but less plays overall. If 2k had the variety of Madden's playbooks and the things you mention then they would be better. I'd like to see the wildcat in a 2k game too.
Hmm, never thought about that.

But doesn't 2k's games let you design plays? (it's been while so I can't remember).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »