Home

Do we know if 2K Sports is working on a football game...

This is a discussion on Do we know if 2K Sports is working on a football game... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Do we know if 2K Sports is working on a football game...

I think people forgot what 2k5 had to offer. People are speculating what the new game could offer and what would make it different then Madden. Well I've been playing 2k5 for 7 years now and have never played a Madden game. Here are few thing that 2k could bring back and make more in-depth.

1. The Crib- For you veterans you know what I'm talking, this was very original and you "pimp" out your house and add everything you can think of from posters to entertainment system and popcorn machine. 2k could run with this and make it something like MTV Cribs and have you show off your house with all the awards you've won through your career.

2. ESPN 25th Anniversary- Well NBA 2K11 has the Micheal Jordan Challenge where you try to re-do all the great moments in his career. Well NFL 2k5 already had that except it wasn't centered around 1 player it was on the greatest moments in NFL history which was really fun. They could make it change the name of it since it won't land on a good year like the 30th anniversary or 50th anniversary.

3. Franchise- Wow, this was the thing that I put off the most after having 2k5 for 7 years. I never played franchise until now and now I know that I missed out. It was so deep for the time period and you could have 3 player trades. 2k could make this even deeper by making it something like the NBA 2k11 Association. And have you train as a rookie and try to make an NFL team. The sky is the limit for this feature.

4. Online- This is what made NFL 2k5 addictive to me. In one word, leagues. Back when Madden 2005 was out, they didn't have leagues and this is what made me love 2k5. I could have my friends join a league with our teams and have a draft. Also, what was cool was you could link your xbox live or playstation gamertag to the 2ksports.com site and make your league have it's own personal website. It would even update after every game and have the league leaders from each game and the league as a whole. The only thing that 2k needs to do to this for the future of 2k football is penalize people for not playing their games. I don't know how they could do it, or make it so it cuts down the people not showing up to play.

5. Soundtracks- NFL 2k5 had custom soundtracks and that was cool, I never used them but it was a nice feature to have if you get tired of hearing the announcers say the same lines over and over. 2k could add this to the new game and just make it more deeper.

6. First Person Football- This was a cool idea but it never stuck with many people and no one even played it when I was online. It was more of something that you and your friends could do offline. But if they brought it back, they would have to make it a little more easier to play.

Animations- I don't know about you guys but 2k5 had tons of animations from gang tackling to juke moves. There is no game that has a better running game then 2k5. The analog stick set the men from children. I remember you could pull off strings of jukes and basically make your opponent look as if they were standing still or their legs were made of jello. If 2k could make something like the NBA 2k11 game has where you use the left trigger like on the xbox 360 to do different crossover moves and add that to a football to do different side steps and jukes. We can already right down that 2k will be the best football game hands down. The only thing that 2k5 had problems with was the defense AI. The computer would seem to be lost on man coverage and if the QB ran the ball the defense would be totally lost. I'm not afraid of this in the new football because 2k has shown that the defense in NBA 2k11 is great and reacts well to almost everything.

Overall, for the new 2k football game if it does in fact come out, all they need to do is build off of what they had in 2k5 and add more of everything I just stated and just new features that people will want to play.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
Can anyone confirm this???

ben
voodooo
the point of a rumor is that it doesn't have a source.....if it did it wouldn't be a rumor anymore it just be a fact.......so no we can't confirm this but i heard the same thing
Old 11-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
marketing is 50% of the battle. 2k better not pull a backbreaker and spend $0 on advertising and just hoping word of mouth from internet forums help them.

50% should be on marketing, 50% should be on game development, if they want to make more than a couple of games.
i don't think its 50%.....nfl2k has a cult-like following, don't you think its strange and quite amazing how in 2010 people still can't stop talking about a game that was made over 6 years ago. and APF2k8 was a great game as well it just lacked features which made it less appealing to some. 2k sports has enough popularity within the gaming community to make a huge football title without really spending too much money on marketing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #36
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

it doesnt make much sense to be working on a game now when you dont even know if you're going to be able to make an NFL game when the deal is up.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 17

Well imagine if they did it as a pitch. They work very hard on updating what they already had, and then meet with the NFL, and show them a side by side comparison of Madden/2K as a pitch. Considering they were sponsored at one point by ESPN, who are making boatloads of money with the NFL, you'd think they would have some play with the NFL people. They could say "Hey guys, we're setting out here to make the best NFL game ever" and then show them a preview of that. With the right backing from ESPN/NFL, the 2K series would have no trouble selling. It has the NFL name on it. Anything NFL will sell. Find a good cover guy who loves playing sports game (there's plenty in pro sports) and let them go on a little media campaign, and you're set.

I personally wouldn't care much for a college game. College football isn't NFL football, I want an NFL game that I can actually play. For the past two years, I've quit playing Madden after maybe a month, maybe less, and this year I finally realized that it's not worth dumping $60 into anymore. The disappointment factor is getting worse and worse, I could handle playing the "same" game every year, if there weren't so many fatal flaws that go unfixed.

Last edited by steelcurtain311; 12-06-2010 at 06:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »