Home

Altering stamina to boost AI offense

This is a discussion on Altering stamina to boost AI offense within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #9
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Altering stamina to boost AI offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Last game I had one set up that got snarfed out (yes, snarfed, it's an old football term)
Nice.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

I have no idea why I have the majority of the player's stamina set at 50. I'm going to raise it like you guys have to see if it improves gameplay. Rock on 2K5, I love this game!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
...I'm going to raise it like you guys have to see if it improves gameplay...
The biggest impact it has is for the AI running backs, but unfortunately it does little for the AI passing game. Yes WRs will get open a little more with this stamina, but there are two things that can't be helped with either sliders or the editor: 1. the AI QBs are prone to passing into coverage way too much, and 2. the defenders have that psychic ability to defend passes, even leaving their own man while in man coverage to make a play on the ball.

Even with every possible tweak in effect, and yes I've tried them all, there will still be an abundance of low AI QB pass % and high AI QB ints... Not every game, no, but still an imbalance.

Coming back to this game the past few months, and I feel it has lost some of it's luster... Finally. Still amazing that it held it's ground for so long... Not just as far as football games go, but all sports games...

I suppose it was inevitable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I hear ya man, a.i. passing is my biggest issue with this game. Still, it's hard for me to bash this game considering it came out in 2004 and I'm still playing it today. And I tried everything, max consitency for qbs, max composure, zero int rating for dbs, reduced coverage across the league, improved route running for wrs/tes....yet an elite passer like Peyton Manning will STILL throw in double/triple coverage and ends up with 3 ints, really pisses me off.

But you're right, this game is outdated and I hope that the 2K team is able to make another football game whenever EA's contract with the NFL is up.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Even though it's been discussed in the past, I'll repeat it. As far as AI passing realism IN GAME, you have to help the game via the editor and sliders. All of the things you can think to help the AI pass and receive you should boost. And, all of the things you can think of to limit the defense to better pass defend you should affect. You won't get good simulated stats otherwise, but pick your poison.

At least this way you do get some variety. I've had cpu QB's burn me for tons of yards and high completion percentages and other times have mediocre games with multiple INT's, but nothing like if I don't change anything at all.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #14
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
...I've had cpu QB's burn me for tons of yards and high completion percentages and other times have mediocre games with multiple INT's, but nothing like if I don't change anything at all.
Yeah that's basically the results I was getting in testing every possible tweak recently.

With all the settings in the computer's favor I'd have games of 80% completion with no ints, then games with 46% and 3 ints.

The AI pass read is mysteriously bad at times, with the AI QB leaving guys wide open and choosing instead to pass into coverage... Which leads to low completion %, and there just isn't a fix for this.

And then the majority of picks seem to come when a defender away from the play all of a sudden becomes magnetized to the ball once it leaves the AI QB's hand... No fix for this either, and I seem to remember reading on a forum that the developers added this at the last moment because they thought passing was too easy, who knows if that's true... But whatever, it's there and it isn't effected by sliders or attribute ratings.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #15
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Oh yeah... Thought I'd put this here instead of starting a new thread...

Another little tweak for the AI QBs I found, though don't know if this is already know or not, is to boost arm strength. This helps with QB completion % a bit, as AI QB throws will get to their targets quicker... Giving DBs less time to disrupt the pass and cause an incompletion.

Though like I said previous post, the poor AI pass read and psychic defenders are just too prevalent to be overcome with these little adjustments... Though I suppose every little bit helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #16
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Another little tweak for the AI QBs I found, though don't know if this is already know or not, is to boost arm strength.
Good thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »