Home

Altering stamina to boost AI offense

This is a discussion on Altering stamina to boost AI offense within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Altering stamina to boost AI offense

What exactly does the pass coverage rating do then?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

For me, the only way to get good stats, is to play vs another sim human player.

Does anyone know or ever tested another persons V.I.P. who was good at passing? And do they still pass into triple and double coverage? In my experience Ive seen the bad choices come from pressure, which results in the qb throwing to there go to guy, usually the wr with the highest rating.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
What exactly does the pass coverage rating do then?
I lowered this rating for DBs and LBs and saw less awareness of the ball in flight, which resulted in less pass deflections. But it was pretty minimal, and defensive players still have that psychic ability to make a play on the ball, in both man and zone coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayp
For me, the only way to get good stats, is to play vs another sim human player.

Does anyone know or ever tested another persons V.I.P. who was good at passing? And do they still pass into triple and double coverage? In my experience Ive seen the bad choices come from pressure, which results in the qb throwing to there go to guy, usually the wr with the highest rating.
I was convinced that there was some magic formula to get AI QBs to play better, but there just doesn't seem to be a way to get them to pick apart a defense with any consistency. You mention bad choices coming from pressure, and composure will help that. But there's just no rhyme or reason to some of the reads the AI makes.

I've gotten to the point where I think maybe they have Pass Read Coverage inverted, so that a high rating actually means they are poor in that area. I was going to test it out, but have moved on to other things.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 11-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #20
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I still stand by my thought that pressure is the key. The rosters I create have the pass rush ratings much lower, resulting in better pass blocking (especially on the ends) and more time for the QB to throw. I regularly see about 60% from decent QBs.

Another help is good catch ratings for the backs (that should have them). It makes the QB check down a little more. In one file, I have Roger Craig, a RB, as the second highest catch rating and he sees a lot of action from Montana. He happened to be a 1000 / 1000 yard guy that year, so the rating applies.

I always inflate the tackles pass blocking too, especially the left tackle. Even if the right side guy was better, I tend to help out the left. I don't get to the QB nearly as much as I used to and he can pick me apart on occasion.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble

I've gotten to the point where I think maybe they have Pass Read Coverage inverted, so that a high rating actually means they are poor in that area.
Okay, now your just talking crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Okay, now your just talking crazy
Eh... I mean, has anyone actually ever tried this (lower PRC)? The pass read coverage is already bad enough. I'd be curious to see what happens when it's at zero.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Eh... I mean, has anyone actually ever tried this (lower PRC)? The pass read coverage is already bad enough. I'd be curious to see what happens when it's at zero.
Yeah, you get simmed games where its 70-64, and the QB's have 7or 8 passing TD's. So it completely wrecks that aspect of the game. In game it allows for more seperation, more blown coverages, less INT's. It certinally doesn't work in reverse if thats what your saying.

Last edited by rickmitchell22; 11-09-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #24
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, you get simmed games where its 70-64, and the QB's have 7or 8 passing TD's. So it completely wrecks that aspect of the game. In game it allows for more seperation, more blown coverages, less INT's. It certinally doesn't work in reverse if thats what your saying.

I'm talking about the Pass Read Coverage attribute... For AI QBs...

If you lower it then you get 7 or 8 passing TDs??? If that's the case then it does work in reverse...

I think we're talking about two different things... Maybe you thought Coverage... For DBs, etc.?

Well, whatever...

It's been my experience that sometimes tweaking different things in sports video games can have unexpected and beneficial results. If I ever get back into tinkering with 2K5 this will be the first thing I try, because to me it's the most glaring part of the game... The AI's inability to consistently pick you apart when running with a strong passing attack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »