Home

Madden & ESPN gamers are showing their true colors......

This is a discussion on Madden & ESPN gamers are showing their true colors...... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2003, 03:39 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden & ESPN gamers are showing their true colors......

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
I agree with you MMan I will be playing Madden more for the franchise and ESPN for the gameplay.

Oh and here's your cookie

Subway has the best cookies....so I prefer one from Subway thx

if MMan wont take it i will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 06:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ill be playing Madden for the Gameplay and ESPN for the Nice Green Grass... Thats the One thing ESPN has better, Better looking Grass
Old 08-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hasn't EA said for years that they want a game that a new player can pick up and have success? Surely that's one of the reasons that madden outsells and has so many guys that aren't willing to give sega a chance because it's too tough. It's tough to go from a game that you have success at and then struggle to move the ball on a new game. I know that there are plenty of hardcore football guys that play madden, but I think most of those guys end up buying both games too. I think for a lot of madden players and NOT ALL that madden is there security blanket and are afraid of not succeeding on other titles.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:15 PM   #44
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Labatt6Pack said:
Ill be playing Madden for the Gameplay and ESPN for the Nice Green Grass... Thats the One thing ESPN has better, Better looking Grass

Old 08-06-2003, 09:15 PM   #45
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

jubjub said:
Hasn't EA said for years that they want a game that a new player can pick up and have success? Surely that's one of the reasons that madden outsells and has so many guys that aren't willing to give sega a chance because it's too tough. It's tough to go from a game that you have success at and then struggle to move the ball on a new game. I know that there are plenty of hardcore football guys that play madden, but I think most of those guys end up buying both games too. I think for a lot of madden players and NOT ALL that madden is there security blanket and are afraid of not succeeding on other titles.

very well said bro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2003, 12:39 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

jubjub said:

very well said bro

HAHAHAHA THAT HAS TO QUITE POSSIBLY BE THE STUPIDEST Thing i have ever heard... its a Video Game not Law school... I very highly doubt people dont play ESPN because there scared of the challenge, maybe there just scared of blowing money on a ****ty title
Old 08-07-2003, 01:37 AM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

BSB215 said:
Quote:

lexuskaykay said:
Graphik you & a few others on these boards are an exception to the rule. The majority of Madden players are not really in tune with the details of the game of football. I am surrounded by Madden players who feel that 2k is just too much of a simulation. The main reason why some of these people don't like ESPN gameplay is because you have to follow your blocker, you have to actually time your release based upon the play, all the QB's can't just run up & down the field & gain 20 yds, you can't start in one direction &
run all the way across the field in the opposite direction & score a touchdown.

I know you have read the reviews. Just listen to some of these quotes: "running is unforgiving if your used to Madden"(egm) (this is because Madden running between the tackles is not very intuitive so almost every running play is catered towards the outside.)ESPN on the other hand makes you work for your yards because you really can't script how the play will unfold whereas Madden just feels like the plays are scripted you just know your gonna run outside. "Gamers looking for the most authentic simulation of NFL football ESPN is the better choice"(psm) This is because this reviewer actually have studied football in some form or another & has a general idea of what the NFL game plays like.

It may seem contradictory to you but in a way if you don't appreciate ESPN & how it plays then actually you don't really like the details of the game of football. Accept the fact that this is how the actual game is played on the field. I think that's part of the whole problem too many Madden players think that Madden's game of football is how the actual NFL is played on the field. Either you like simulation NFL football or Madden football which is it's own interpertation of the game. Maybe some do have a true love for the game but I don't understand how you can have a true love for the game & not appreciate when a videogame(ESPN) brings you the closest to being in the game that's contradictory in itself IMO.

I never hear of any NFL players or teams playing ESPN, it's almost always Madden so I guess they're not in tuned with the details of footbal. Get the **** out of here you nerd. Both games are good PERIOD.

First of all lighten up with the attitude, or your stay in the forums will be short.

Second of all I personally know NFL players who play the Sega series, or both. And just about everyone I played with in college plays sega or both. Just because you don't see it on TV doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:41 AM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Labatt6Pack said:
Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

jubjub said:

very well said bro

HAHAHAHA THAT HAS TO QUITE POSSIBLY BE THE STUPIDEST Thing i have ever heard... its a Video Game not Law school... I very highly doubt people dont play ESPN because there scared of the challenge, maybe there just scared of blowing money on a ****ty title

Gone...

And since you're such a big of emoticons, let me put it this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »