Home

Hypothetical: if 2K Sports does develop NFL2k13...

This is a discussion on Hypothetical: if 2K Sports does develop NFL2k13... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Hypothetical: if 2K Sports does develop NFL2k13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I didn't ignore his point, you ignored mine. If you are going to RATE the abilities of Speed Burner based on Gold, Silver, etc, then you are using a RATING system. If you are using a RATING system, what is the point in having Speed Burner Gold, when you could have Speed from 1 to 100? One has 100 levels of variation, the other has 4. Someone help me out how less variables when defining human beings is a better solution?
I can't help you only1lt but I understand.

2k put a 1 to 100 system in APF it just you couldn't see it.so people believe that the abilities system work with out a rating system.But the game actually had ratings like in 2k11 and ch2k8.

I know what I am about to say may shock some people(if read my post on the Madden thread)if any of you have a PS2 go get madden 10 are 11(the should have keep it in.)they use the wapons system and ratings and to me that's the best system.(just as good as APF and have better abilites.)
Old 10-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy

2k put a 1 to 100 system in APF it just you couldn't see it.so people believe that the abilities system work with out a rating system.But the game actually had ratings like in 2k11 and ch2k8.

I know what I am about to say may shock some people(if read my post on the Madden thread)if any of you have a PS2 go get madden 10 are 11(the should have keep it in.)they use the wapons system and ratings and to me that's the best system.(just as good as APF and have better abilites.)

I hear you. I didn't hate the Weapons system in Madden per se, although it was annoying to see all those symbols on the field, but that just goes to prove my point. The game still had ratings. You can't only use Weapons. The only thing that the Weapons do is make it obvious to the casuals what someone is.

I don't feel it is possible to have a game without ratings and since I am in no way shape or form a "casual", I see no reason to have Weapons or Abilities or what ever you want to call them.

Show me a game that has 50 ratings that all matter and all work, and that are rated from 1 to 100, and I will show you a deep and realistic game. Conversely, show me a game that has 50 general attributes that have no ratings or are even rated from Bronze to Platinum, and I will show you a shallow arcadey game.

It's simple. In the ratings game, EVERY player has every single physical attribute in the game to a greater or lesser extent. In the attributes game, players get SOME of the attributes and not others. Ok... So You have a WR that is a Route Running God, Great Hands, because he catches very well, but he isn't a Speed Burner. Ok... so how fast does he run lol? Does everyone that isn't a Speed Burner run EXACTLY the same speed?

Again, I don't even know how this is an argument.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Ratings.

The abilities were cool because certain abilities had their own animations, but let's be honest, there was no where near enough differentiation between players in 2K8, and there weren't even that many players in the game at all (when you do not including the generic ones).

The differences between player A and player B in real life can be anywhere from cavernous to miniscule. Not to mention that there are many different attributes that make up an athlete. A ratings system, that actually works lol, is the best way to represent this.
I think they need to add more abilities. Instead of just having the rating speed burner, they need to have a rating like " fastest player on the field," and for one player only, they need to have a " fastest player in the league."
Players with the fastest player on the field will usually be the fastest player on the field unless they're going up against another player with that rating, or the " fastest player in the league rating." This could be done for all abilities, and they would be reserved for a select group of players.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy

That part at least should be pretty obvious, since the game needs ratings to function as a computer program lol.

Now, it may have helped somewhat if 2k were more open about exactly what the ratings were and how they worked. Obviously they weren't going to do that though.

My point was that you can have the abilities system, but you add more tiers to each ability. So say if a "Speed Burner" in APF had 90 speed, you could split it so gold was 90, silver was 80 and bronze was 70.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
That part at least should be pretty obvious, since the game needs ratings to function as a computer program lol.

Now, it may have helped somewhat if 2k were more open about exactly what the ratings were and how they worked. Obviously they weren't going to do that though.

My point was that you can have the abilities system, but you add more tiers to each ability. So say if a "Speed Burner" in APF had 90 speed, you could split it so gold was 90, silver was 80 and bronze was 70.
At first I like the trie ideal but after an hour of think about it we don't need tier abilities.Like LL said we just need more abilites.And like only1t said what's the differnts between a gold speed burner are a bronze speed burner?like he said you can do that with ratings.

I like LL with fastest man in league and fast on the field.

Last edited by lofeazy; 10-12-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: didnt think throught.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I didn't ignore his point, you ignored mine. If you are going to RATE the abilities of Speed Burner based on Gold, Silver, etc, then you are using a RATING system. If you are using a RATING system, what is the point in having Speed Burner Gold, when you could have Speed from 1 to 100? One has 100 levels of variation, the other has 4. Someone help me out how less variables when defining human beings is a better solution?
I like this idea better.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #23
Banned

My last thing on Maddens weapons system there abilites coverd just about every thing.it even had bad abilites,back ups had abilites.it was pertty good system.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #24
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

Quote:
I'll let the 5 who already explained make my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I'd rather have the abilities system of APF. In real life you don't see numbers, but you do see ability.

Also, 2k can't release game until 2013, which means the game would actually be 2k14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Abilities. That is the best thing about APF. If they expanded it, that would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Definitely the abilities system. We don't know Chris Johnson has 99 speed or 98 speed, but we definitely know he is a speed burner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttsakk
Abilities.

Nothing worse than a faux superstar like Crayton or T.J. Huzurmomma complaining about their "Ratings" in a video game :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Abilities for sure. It's part of what made APF feel truly "alive". Imagine the modern NFL with that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »