Home

Hypothetical: if 2K Sports does develop NFL2k13...

This is a discussion on Hypothetical: if 2K Sports does develop NFL2k13... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #33
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Hypothetical: if 2K Sports does develop NFL2k13...

The ratings system was,is and always will be there they have to be no way around that but in my opinion they need to be hidden.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
The ratings system was,is and always will be there they have to be no way around that but in my opinion they need to be hidden.
That's what we've been saying lol. The abilities system hides the ratings.

As has been said though, the abilities system needs to be extended and tweaked to make it better.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

FYI to all, NFL 2K13 would NOT be possible as the licensing agreement runs through that title.

IF EA doesn't continue exclusivity (seems that the NFL loves this type of business.....so who knows) NFL 2K14 would be the first year that 2K can return.

I just read a piece on pastapadre about the NFL making new exclusive deals with Nike/New Era and it mentioned that the exclusive deal ran through the 2012 year, meaning Madden 13 will be the only football game in town that year.

It's widely discussed that we could have competition in 2012, but it would be 2013 not 2012, ...oh and provided they don't re-up with EA again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

the exclusive deal ends after the superbowl in 2013. Meaning that if the NFL allow another company to make a game, it will be august 2013 when it comes out.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
the exclusive deal ends after the superbowl in 2013. Meaning that if the NFL allow another company to make a game, it will be august 2013 when it comes out.
Right, but as we all know, sports titles are dated one calendar year ahead, starting with NCAA football in July.

Thus the title of this thread alone, NFL 2K13 (which if it follows the calendar that EA/2K have always done) would land in 2012, thus not possible.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #38
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Why not a system like NBA 2k11? Perfect in my opinion. You get a nice snapshot of how good a player is at certain things, but you really need to play with the players to see what they are best at.

A system like OOTP or FOF is ultimately the best, but I don't think most people playing a console game want their games to be as challenging as scouting is in text sims.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Why not a system like NBA 2k11? Perfect in my opinion. You get a nice snapshot of how good a player is at certain things, but you really need to play with the players to see what they are best at.

A system like OOTP or FOF is ultimately the best, but I don't think most people playing a console game want their games to be as challenging as scouting is in text sims.
You can see the number ratings in 2k11.... Just click in the thumbstick and it changes the letters to numbers.

― Plato
Old 10-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by udungoofed
FYI to all, NFL 2K13 would NOT be possible as the licensing agreement runs through that title.

IF EA doesn't continue exclusivity (seems that the NFL loves this type of business.....so who knows) NFL 2K14 would be the first year that 2K can return.

I just read a piece on pastapadre about the NFL making new exclusive deals with Nike/New Era and it mentioned that the exclusive deal ran through the 2012 year, meaning Madden 13 will be the only football game in town that year.

It's widely discussed that we could have competition in 2012, but it would be 2013 not 2012, ...oh and provided they don't re-up with EA again.
If Nike and New Era both have apparel deals, then their deals aren't exclusive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »