Home

Question on gameplay between Madden and ESPN

This is a discussion on Question on gameplay between Madden and ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question on gameplay between Madden and ESPN

I continue to here from Madden fans that MADDEN has better gameplay. Well, since i am not the player i used to be on videogames and i am interested in ESPN, i needed to understand what is defined as gameplay.

What defines gameplay in a football game? I guess i am not aquainted with this enough to make a sound judgement on this. Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Question on gameplay between Madden and ESPN

Thats a tough question bro. My 2 cents is defining gameplay in a football game would be comparing the game to the real NFL and how its represented on the field and also having a major fun factor that includes the control scheme, the learning curve, and the ability to actually feel like you're playing a football game.

And after reading my response I came to the conclusion that what I said makes almost no sense.

But the only ppl who can answer your question is someone with a totally unbiased mind who has played both games thoroughly. I'm unbiased but I have'nt spent enough time with Sega to truly give you an answer. Cause what you're basically asking is for a comparison of each game.

Matter of fact, should'nt this be moved to the football forum.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:48 PM   #3
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Graphik said:
Thats a tough question bro. My 2 cents is defining gameplay in a football game would be comparing the game to the real NFL and how its represented on the field and also having a major fun factor that includes the control scheme, the learning curve, and the ability to actually feel like you're playing a football game.

And after reading my response I came to the conclusion that what I said makes almost no sense.

But the only ppl who can answer your question is someone with a totally unbiased mind who has played both games thoroughly. I'm unbiased but I have'nt spent enough time with Sega to truly give you an answer. Cause what you're basically asking is for a comparison of each game.

Yes, and thats why i'm going to quickly increase my post count +1

BTW....Defining gameplay to me has more to do with what an individual person is looking for in their game of choice. If your looking for a game that best represents what you see on the field come sundays, or a somewhat strategy based game with tons of pure fun factor or a mixed of both. So, before you ask your first question, ask yourself what am "I" looking for in a game.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

Graphik said:

Yes, and thats why i'm going to quickly increase my post count +1

BTW....Defining gameplay to me has more to do with what an individual person is looking for in their game of choice. If your looking for a game that best represents what you see on the field come sundays, or a somewhat strategy based game with tons of pure fun factor or a mixed of both. So, before you ask your first question, ask yourself what am "I" looking for in a game.

You hit the nail on the head. Everyone has thier own gameplay expectations. But like I said, his question is basically asking for a comparison since he does'nt know which game does what better.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks guys.

I guess its more about what you like when i play a football game. Its a personal opinion.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2003, 01:27 PM   #6
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

quizzler said:
Thanks guys.

I guess its more about what you like when i play a football game. Its a personal opinion.

Couldn't have said it better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »