Home

Please Help-- Confused and Frustrated

This is a discussion on Please Help-- Confused and Frustrated within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Please Help-- Confused and Frustrated

I finally got a transfer cable so I could use Capa's Classic Rosters. I followed the directions. I dragged over the file. A message said copy all, I clicked yes. It copied the files. Then the Microsoft Error message popped up and I am kicked out of the program. This was with xport360.

I have tried everything I can think of to correct this. I downloaded version 2.13 of xport360.

I really want to use Capa's classic rosters. I bought nfl 2k5 last week. It really is an incredible game. Really frustrated I can not figure out this transfer thing. I must really be getting too old for this stuff.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

KCRoyals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Please Help-- Confused and Frustrated

Maybe you haven't initialized the HDD so that Windows will recognize it???

I don't know... You're going to have to supply more details... The steps you've taken so far, your operating system, etc.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
Pro

I have windows xp so there should not be a problem there.

1) hook up hard drive to your computer using transfer cable
2) download roster file
3) click Open roster file
4) unzip file ( to do this click "extract all files" in folder tasks which is on left side of window. extraction wizard will pop up. hit next, next, then finish. A new window will open up with the unzipped files. You will use these extracted files to drag and drop)
5) double click to open UDATA folder
6) double click to open next folder (should say something like "53450030")
7) there you will see a single folder labeled with numbers and letters and 4 .xbx files. ALL YOU NEED IS THE NUMBERED FOLDER. NOT THE .xbx FILES. THAT FOLDER IS THE ONLY THING YOU WILL DRAG onto the 360 hard drive....
8) Open the "xport 360/xplorer360" or w.e program you have, depending on what transfer cable your using.
9) A window will come up and you will select your HDD (it will most likely come up as "Device 1: XBox 360 Hard Disk Drive Size 20.00 GB) and then click "OK" or "OPEN"
10) Now select "Xbox 360 Devices Connected to My Computer"
11) then select "device 1:xbox 360 hard disk drive size 20.00 gb"
12) select: partition 3> compatability> xbox1> UDATA> 53450030 (this is why you needed a gamesave, that is the nfl 2k5 gamesave)
13)Finally drag the folder mentioned in step 6 to the right side of the window with all the other gamesaves listed. (It should automatically drop in and copy into the HD)

Put the harddrive back on you 360, load the game, go to settings, and load the new save. Enjoy!

I seem to make it through all 13 of the above steps. After step 13 I get the mircosoft error and am kicked out.

Help would be forever appreciated.

KCRoyals
Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
Pro

How would I initalize the hdd for windows to recognize it. I have not heard to this before.

KCRoyals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »