Home

ESPN NFL FOOTBALL problems....+ other thoughts....

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL FOOTBALL problems....+ other thoughts.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2003, 02:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
ESPN NFL FOOTBALL problems....+ other thoughts....

Now first off, I'm neutral on his whole Madden vs ESPN/2K debate. There are some aspects I like in Sega's game like:

-Trash talking. IMO it adds a lot of atmosphere to the game
-Graphics. Look more realistic than Madden
-Gamespeed is more realistic than Madden IMO
-Animations are SICK
-Passing game is more realistic. Throwing into Double Cov=pick. In Madden they usually just tip it

But Madden has some things over Sega's game aswell:

-The stats/ratings are more organized in franchise and presented better
-Sacks are more realistic(in 2k3 it was too hard to get a sack, and pretty unrealistic in that aspect IMO)
-EA is usually more polished

But I already pre-bought Madden this year cuz all my friends are getting Madden, and I wanna play with them online. I can't really say which game I enjoy better. It's a tossup. But I love to play w/my friends online so thats why Im going to get Madden this year.

I have been to a lot of Madden boards, and there are [censored you naughty boy] galore. This is what they say about the ESPN/2K series and I'm wondering if these problems will be fixed in ESPN:

-super tackles are unrealistic
-Too many bugs/glitchs/slowdown
-Play calling is worse
-Madden is #1 because...uh.... it just is (over and over )
-Madden's franchise is better

Sorry for the long post. So...what u guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 03:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: ESPN NFL FOOTBALL problems....+ other thoughts....

Wow, after reading the interview posted, im having second thoughts about buying madden. espn seems to have added a TON of new features.....WOW....
Old 08-10-2003, 08:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

nbagamez said:
Wow, after reading the interview posted, im having second thoughts about buying madden. espn seems to have added a TON of new features.....WOW....

LOL....U NOTICE THAT THE MAJORITY OF THINGS THAT MADDEN [censored you naughty boy] HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ESPN ARE MINUTE. IF WE BROKE MADDEN DOWN, U WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO COUNT ON ONE OR TWO HANDS HOW MANY FLAWS IT HAS. AND THE SAD THING IS, IT HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR YEARS.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

nbagamez said:
Now first off, I'm neutral on his whole Madden vs ESPN/2K debate. There are some aspects I like in Sega's game like:

-Trash talking. IMO it adds a lot of atmosphere to the game
-Graphics. Look more realistic than Madden
-Gamespeed is more realistic than Madden IMO
-Animations are SICK
-Passing game is more realistic. Throwing into Double Cov=pick. In Madden they usually just tip it

But Madden has some things over Sega's game aswell:

-The stats/ratings are more organized in franchise and presented better
-Sacks are more realistic(in 2k3 it was too hard to get a sack, and pretty unrealistic in that aspect IMO)
-EA is usually more polished

But I already pre-bought Madden this year cuz all my friends are getting Madden, and I wanna play with them online. I can't really say which game I enjoy better. It's a tossup. But I love to play w/my friends online so thats why Im going to get Madden this year.

I have been to a lot of Madden boards, and there are [censored you naughty boy] galore. This is what they say about the ESPN/2K series and I'm wondering if these problems will be fixed in ESPN:

-super tackles are unrealistic
-Too many bugs/glitchs/slowdown
-Play calling is worse
-Madden is #1 because...uh.... it just is (over and over )
-Madden's franchise is better

Sorry for the long post. So...what u guys think?

Isn't it hard to compare or judge to games when neither of them are out yet? You really need to play each game for about two weeks before trying to compare and do the pros and cons, don't ya think?
Old 08-10-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Hey Lowpressure could you ease up on the CAPS.

I like playing my friends too but if I play them in Madden they have to agree to play me in 2K too. After they see how much better 2K is they usually switch. You should try that nbagamez. You may not get them to switch but at least they'll play you in 2k/ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ESPN NFL FOOTBALL problems...

I thought I would find a discussion as to what is wrong with the demo. Instead is a rambling as always.

Here are some thoughts as to what is wrong:

1. The return of the outside run. Once again, running between the tackles is extremely difficult while running to the outside is extremely easy.

This reminds me of NFL Gameday 97 were running to the outside was almost unstoppable. I tried repeatedly to run between the tackles and I seldom succeeded. Instead, when I run to the outside, is 5-10 yards every time. I must say I am dissaponted.

2. Confusing Play calling. You can access certain formations such as I pro, Quads, etc. OR you can access Formation groups such as PRO, KINGS, QUEENS, etc. At some point I found the Bunch formation. I cannot find that formation on a consistent basis. Very odd to say the least.

3. Change of overall button placement. This is a problem for seasoned NFL2K fans, but as always, a little time will be certain to cure this ill.

Overall I felt that they turned this game into Madden. It has the same feel, specially in the running game. I am dissapointed with the DEMO. I will reserve my final judgement for when I get a REAL copy of the game. It seems innapropiate and unfair to judge this game on a demo that is probably months old.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know why you can't run between the tackles because I have ran 40 to 60 yard touchdowns on plays up the middle & between the tackles on the demo. Are you allowing your blocks to set up or are you speed bursting past your blockers?
Old 08-10-2003, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

bdouk's Arena

I'm pretty sure the difficulty setting is pretty low on the demo too. This probably has a lot to do with the ease of the running and passing game in the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »