Home

Anouncers

This is a discussion on Anouncers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2003, 05:55 PM   #1
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14
Anouncers

Who are they? just curious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 05:58 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Anouncers

The same as they've been every year, Dan and Peter. They also have Chris Berman to do the pre, post, and halftime shows.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

O i thought sence they were changing the name to espn nfl football 2k4 i thought it would be the real espn guys. That would make the game a whole lot better if the had those guys. I forgot their names.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

dust247 said:
O i thought sence they were changing the name to espn nfl football 2k4 i thought it would be the real espn guys. That would make the game a whole lot better if the had those guys. I forgot their names.

No it wouldn't, it would make the game worse. Sega realized that in every game with real announcers with the exception of NCAA Football, the announcing is terrible.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

dust247 said:

No it wouldn't, it would make the game worse. Sega realized that in every game with real announcers with the exception of NCAA Football, the announcing is terrible.

That is true...the reason is actually because in Madden 2k4 you have two football icons. What that basically means is that getting together to make the announcing for this game is unlikely to happen. As a matter of fact, the interviews said that Madden and Al would record their saying read for some script and basically the producers would splice them together. So that's why you don't have good dialogue...they're not together talking.

In ESPN Peter and Dan are not as big icons as the other two. They actually have the time to go to the studios and do the recordings "together".

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but you can see that the majority of people love ESPN's announcing. Everyone I talked to loves to turn off Madden's comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

dust247 said:

That is true...the reason is actually because in Madden 2k4 you have two football icons. What that basically means is that getting together to make the announcing for this game is unlikely to happen. As a matter of fact, the interviews said that Madden and Al would record their saying read for some script and basically the producers would splice them together. So that's why you don't have good dialogue...they're not together talking.

In ESPN Peter and Dan are not as big icons as the other two. They actually have the time to go to the studios and do the recordings "together".

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but you can see that the majority of people love ESPN's announcing. Everyone I talked to loves to turn off Madden's comments.

Old 08-10-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

dust247 said:

I don't know if you were just talking football, but the announcing in All Star Baseball 2004 was the best I've heard.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:38 PM   #8
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

dont change a thing those guys are great(Dan&Peter)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »