Home

what should 2k's next football move be?

This is a discussion on what should 2k's next football move be? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: what should 2k's next football move be?
hope to get nfl license and make nfl 2k13 27 30.68%
make a college football game next year 32 36.36%
make a fully custom game with endless options 28 31.82%
make a game based on CFL or USFL 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: what should 2k's next football move be?

I voted for college football, solely because while I really like the idea of an endlessly customizable game, 2k seem to have zero interest in doing it.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #10
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I voted for fully custom because that is what I want. Look at the logos and uni's created in Backbreaker, these people have some real talent!

That being said, if a College game could come out next year I am all for it. The sooner the better. Heck, if the XFL was our only option I would be fine with that. I just need a updated 2K football game!!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #11
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

2k really needs to consider putting a college game out..
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

i'd go with the ufl or maybe even the usfl.....i wonder if a classic usfl would work? with all the players from that league in the 80's.....or maybe just use the licensed teams with generic names and have the player names editable. that would be pretty cool. count me in.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

The UFL is growing year to year. It'd be fun to be a part of that leagues growth in a virtual franchise. Imagine an online franchise for the UFL that grows year to year, adding users. There's a lot of interesting, fresh possibility.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

i voted for an ncaa game. Even though EA's license expires, i guarantee it is all but renewed becasue go back to when the DEV was asking for cheerleader chants, as useless as it was they wouldnt be asking for stuff if they werent 100% positive they were making the game ya know? as much as i want some competition to EA i dont think an ncaa game will happen so that leaves us with nfl 2k13. Its already the most hyped up game and we dont even know if its being made yet lol i really really hope it does happen though cuz i miss playing nfl games cuz i havent bought madden since 09 on ps2
Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 13

College please!!!! Pretty Please? With a cherry on top?

I think VC/2k, when they put their minds to it, make the very best games on the planet (sports or otherwise). If they can do for college football what they did with their last college basketball game (still my fave sports game this generation), I may have to quit my job to play full-time. I honestly would PREFER they make a college game to the pro game, even if they had the NFL license. I think I'm the only one on the planet that bought/played/is still playing their original college FB game (with Eric Crouch on the cover!) on Dreamcast, and I had a blast playing through multiple seasons on that game. I love the more wide-open offenses, the ability to run an option, the varied venues, the conference rivalries....

If they made a truly next-gen, NBA2k11-quality football game with a full NCAA license, I would sell my car to get that game. I wouldn't need it anyway, since I wouldn't have a job and wouldn't need to go anywhere as long as I had my XBox and that game anyway....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #16
Banned

Blue Line's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
College please!!!! Pretty Please? With a cherry on top?

I think VC/2k, when they put their minds to it, make the very best games on the planet (sports or otherwise). If they can do for college football what they did with their last college basketball game (still my fave sports game this generation), I may have to quit my job to play full-time. I honestly would PREFER they make a college game to the pro game, even if they had the NFL license. I think I'm the only one on the planet that bought/played/is still playing their original college FB game (with Eric Crouch on the cover!) on Dreamcast, and I had a blast playing through multiple seasons on that game. I love the more wide-open offenses, the ability to run an option, the varied venues, the conference rivalries....

If they made a truly next-gen, NBA2k11-quality football game with a full NCAA license, I would sell my car to get that game. I wouldn't need it anyway, since I wouldn't have a job and wouldn't need to go anywhere as long as I had my XBox and that game anyway....
if they made a college football game anything like nba 2k11 i would quit my job with you, and wouldn't leave my house till the next year's game came out and then i would still have to stay home cause i'll be playing the new version.....so basically i would never leave my house again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »