Home

Are most Of the Pros geeks to?

This is a discussion on Are most Of the Pros geeks to? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are most Of the Pros geeks to?

Sure a few of them might be, But not the majority that play madden. Plus you dont think that guys playing the game all the time, would waste their time playing some garbage that made them look like idiots or was so unrealistic do you. They take pride in their craft and i doubt they enjoy being depicted in a unrealistic light. At least the ones ive been with feel that way.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:31 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OK. No, it doesn't make them geeks, or non-hardcore footballers.

Old 08-11-2003, 02:31 PM   #19
Rookie

right here which prompted me to start the thread...
http://forums.operationsports.com/ub...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 08-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #20
Rookie

JazzX's Arena

OVR: 3

You still haven't addressed my point.

Why do most NBA players play Live, when it's not even close to representing basketball?
Old 08-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

aragorn411 said:
As i look around this fourm something occurs to me? I used to love Espn till it got kinda stupid with Crib Mode. But everyone who gives madden a higher rating or likes it more than ESPN is labeled a geek. But my question is Most NFL players perfer madden themselves. Most Stars period perfer madden. Now before you start with the , they arent hardcore gamers or they are geeks dont you think the pros who we play as might know the feel and gameplay a little better than us? I dont mean the cover athletes who get paid to say nice stuff. I mean the guys on cribs, the guys on the life,etc.... All have and love and perfer madden. Not only perfer but swear by it. If they were being dipicted wrongly or arcadish or unrealisticly wouldnt they know that? Oh i get it they are madden biased for whatever reason. All im saying is to say someone isnt a hardcore football guy, or is a geek, or what ever isnt fair. We all like the games for our own reasons. Im From detroit I know Jerome Bettis pretty well and every summer when he comes home he lives and swears by madden. Ive been there when the likes of Plaxico, Randle EL, Pepper Johnson, Kordell and others were playing one by one. All they could say was how thats the same move they had done in a game. Yes we all have tried Espn and noone liked the models or the motion captions. Not to say its a bad game, but just to say We all arent geeks

After reading your post I realized something. That this is probally a main reason why SEGA change the name to ESPN NFL Football. This would most likely change the minds of athletes. What more do athletes want than to be on ESPN's SportsCenter highlights or ala the Madden trailer. This would get to athletes more since they're not "geeks" like us. This will sell more copies if you think about it b/c they probally saw 2Kx games as just another sports game. Pro Athletes may be converted or enlightend enough to purchase it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #22
Rookie

Because 2K is that bad.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:36 PM   #23
Rookie

AmenRa's Arena

OVR: 2

Look folks, I played football at a high level. (nevermind where). Since Madden has been around so long, it has become a culture. It doeas not matter what playes the best.. because it's Madden. Believe it or not, most casual sports gamers are unaware of any sports game other than madden. Just because you are a pro athlete, doesn't mean that you have an "X" amount of videogame football savvy.

Because when you really look at it. It's not like plaing the real thing.

........Well, exept for FPF mode..
Old 08-11-2003, 02:37 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

aragorn411 said:
Because 2K is that bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »