Home

Do both games suck?

This is a discussion on Do both games suck? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Do both games suck?

Quote:

Erod said:
Quote:

BigRol said:
Quote:

fossen said:
"Do both games suck?"

Are both games out?

Erod how can you compare the ESPN demo that was made some were before May 9 to a final copy of Madden that came out today.

I mean I just don't get it.

The Madden game that came out today is final....... Can't change it or improve it

The ESPN demo well it's a demo you can fix it or improve it

Thats a big diff. in my book.

Prediction: The released ESPN will be virtually identical to the demo, plus the obvious options like quarter length, level, etc.

Why would they release a far different version of their game in a demo? How would that "help" sales? Why not just put an original NFL2K disk in there or something?

I doubt that very much since the latest gamespot videos show slightly tweaked player models and running animations. Not to mention the immense atmosphere that's missing from the demo. That in itself will make it seem like a totally new game, regardless of any other changes they make to the demo.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I think ya kinda jumpin the gun. Check out this post from a Madden fan that picked up Madden tonite:

Well fellas I just got back from funcoland picking up Madden 2004. While I was waiting in line, I noticed there was some sorta promo footage of ESPN football playing on the store's monitor. Now before I go any further let me just say... I've seen just about all the footage that has been released for ESPN football and I also have the demo (xbox) of ESPN football. But what I saw on that monitor tonight puts all the footage and the demo to complete shame. It was like watching a totally different game in action. The players were almost perfect in terms of there body structures. And they moved so fluid. I have never seen anything like this in terms of a football game. I'm starting to think these graphics were part of Sega's secret. Trust me if what I saw tonight was any indication of what's to come in ESPN football...this game will definetely turn alot of heads...

If ya want further proof that ESPN will not be as close to the demo as you think check out the producer davez comment on his message board "played the demo version". Just wait you'll see!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Prediction: The released ESPN will be virtually identical to the demo, plus the obvious options like quarter length, level, etc.

Why would they release a far different version of their game in a demo? How would that "help" sales? Why not just put an original NFL2K disk in there or something?

Actually Erod you are incorrect. The player scaling was not near complete when the demo was released. Also, if you look at more recent vids of ESPN..you will notice on the team selection screen that there are uniform options to select from..but in the demo there are just helmets...this indicates that this demo is probably PRE E3...MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE THE DEMO WAS SUBMITTED TO OXM AND OPM
Old 08-12-2003, 12:56 AM   #20
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

brucejester said:

Actually Erod you are incorrect. The player scaling was not near complete when the demo was released. Also, if you look at more recent vids of ESPN..you will notice on the team selection screen that there are uniform options to select from..but in the demo there are just helmets...this indicates that this demo is probably PRE E3...MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE THE DEMO WAS SUBMITTED TO OXM AND OPM

Well, if that's true, then what stupid idiot decided to release a misleading demo?

Anyway, Madden does not suck. I love it. And here's hoping ESPN is just as good, if not even better.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:14 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Erod, I wouldn't exactly call it misleading. It's just a taste of what is to come. It's not like they're showcasing certain features or teams that won't be in the final edition. Anyways, you should try to play the demo if you can, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 08:37 AM   #22
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Triton said:
Erod, I wouldn't exactly call it misleading. It's just a taste of what is to come. It's not like they're showcasing certain features or teams that won't be in the final edition. Anyways, you should try to play the demo if you can, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

same here
Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 AM   #23
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

Are we in for another "down" year like last year?

I hope so, since the improvments to 2k3 for last year were awesome, if this year sucks as much as last year then I'm set, 2k4 will be great.

I don't see how last year was a down year

Thank you. NFL2k3 was a great game (still is) and if nfl2k4 even has that much greatness in it then it will be awesome. Unless you read every troll post and take it as God's given truth, then you might think that it's going to suck this year.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:25 AM   #24
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Triton said:

Me, too! Man, just no time to go out and track down this thing. I've been out of town 8 of the past 11 days, and I've been completely focused on my HT installation this weekend. What a football season this will be!

Most of the videos I've seen look nice. The first-person thing doesn't interest me at all, but I like the smoothness of animations this year. Not overly thrilled with the tap-tap-tap-tap on the A button that will be required.

I really like the Madden improvement, which is significant. I expect ESPN will deliver, too, though it's tough to know with all these mixed signals floating around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »