Home

This Is Why ESPN Should Have Come Out the Same Day as Madden...

This is a discussion on This Is Why ESPN Should Have Come Out the Same Day as Madden... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 01:51 PM   #25
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: This Is Why ESPN Should Have Come Out the Same Day as Madden...

Quote:

It comes down to preference. If you like the off the field aspects then Madden is your bag. If you like the on the field aspects then ESPN will be your bag.

Not...exactly. I like the on the field play the most in Madden. The off the field stuff is just a incentive to continue playing the game. As for prefrence, it goes down to which game feels better while playing it. Not just the on the field gameplay. Both games did good jobs on the field but for me, Madden felt much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 02:43 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why can't you people just accept the fact that some people don't like Sega football games? I come here to read about the new ESPN game because I'm really looking forward to it, and I have to sift through countless posts from idiots complaining about Madden. Why? Why do you care what a bunch of strangers are playing? Some people prefer Madden's gameplay. Deal with it.
Do you know what would happen to your precious ESPN series if Madden disappeared? It would go down the crapper, because competition is the only motivation companies have to make a better product. If you don't think Madden improves every year, you aren't paying any attention and you sure as hell aren't playing the game. There's a reason it's the top seller, and it isn't because they steal ideas from Sega. Grow up and accept the fact that your favorite game isn't everyone's favorite game. If you want to complain about Madden, show some balls and do it in the Madden forum.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:18 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think you need to stop stereotyping there buddy. I think most of the people who have replied to this thread, except for 2, have not said that ESPN will be the best thing since slice bread.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:35 AM   #28
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
.......You're right anyone expecting perfection will be disappointed, but man, ESPN sure looks like an exciting game with a different flavor no one has ever tasted before in a football game.

Hmmmmmmm....

That is such a slick quote, I may steal it for my sig.....
Old 08-13-2003, 02:21 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

For all of you btw....this is probably true. I have been a loyal madden player since madden 99. preordered madden in may. the xbox version truly couldnt be buggier. i am so pissed at ea right nowm that given the chance to get espn today i would, id trade madden in for it. however seeing as i have 3 weeks to wait, i may very well not. just play ncaa instead.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:39 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Pioneerpride said:
Why can't you people just accept the fact that some people don't like Sega football games? I come here to read about the new ESPN game because I'm really looking forward to it, and I have to sift through countless posts from idiots complaining about Madden. Why? Why do you care what a bunch of strangers are playing? Some people prefer Madden's gameplay. Deal with it.
Do you know what would happen to your precious ESPN series if Madden disappeared? It would go down the crapper, because competition is the only motivation companies have to make a better product. If you don't think Madden improves every year, you aren't paying any attention and you sure as hell aren't playing the game. There's a reason it's the top seller, and it isn't because they steal ideas from Sega. Grow up and accept the fact that your favorite game isn't everyone's favorite game. If you want to complain about Madden, show some balls and do it in the Madden forum.

I hate to break your little heart but VC had virtually no competition on the Dreamcast and it got better and better without the so called competition factor. I can't say that for EA though. If people would buy more of the other games then EA would get off their fat [censored] and keep the game fresh every year. I wonder what EA employees do with all that extra time on their hands cause I know they don't spend it programming Madden. Now I see why EA got that new office with the beach.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:42 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Pioneerpride said:

I see what you're saying.

It's just like saying "you don't know what's "real" NFL football if you like Madden".

Compare that with Comedy and Comedian's. "Oh you don't like Comedy because you aren't a Jerry Seinfeld fan."

People have different tastes, but they feel one game/person is "better IMO" at representing what they feel as realistic/funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 12:11 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Quote:

Pioneerpride said:

I see what you're saying.

It's just like saying "you don't know what's "real" NFL football if you like Madden".

Compare that with Comedy and Comedian's. "Oh you don't like Comedy because you aren't a Jerry Seinfeld fan."

People have different tastes, but they feel one game/person is "better IMO" at representing what they feel as realistic/funny.

I agree 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »