Home

Create a Team

This is a discussion on Create a Team within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Create a Team

First off, Madden 2002 got me fired up on the expansion idea for a team and now I exclusively use created teams in franchise in all my sports. I like having total control and responsiblity for a team I built from the ground up with scrubs rather than work with a team already in place. I am really looking forward to ESPN football but 2 things have always bugged me about Sega games in this department:

1. If you add free agents to your team, they are still in the free agent pool (or signed) by other teams so your guys are a bunch of clones--this happened on both NBA 2K3 and NFL 2K3 for me.

2. Even with the default teams and cities, the announcers never say the name of your team or city. I hate hearing "Visitors 5, San Diego 10 or great return by the Home team". It gets really bad when they don't say names and say numbers instead. Why 2K3 called out numbers for rookies generated by the game (which uses a name data base which the announcers could easily have read) I will never understand but that is another topic for another post.

Anyway, I have two questions for discussion:

1. Has Sega improved the create a team feature at all (I did hear you can unlock more logos but that is it).

2. Who else likes making a CAT and why? Releate it to the NFL 2K series if possible.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »