Home

Mode that nobody talks about...

This is a discussion on Mode that nobody talks about... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 07:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Mode that nobody talks about...

Quote:

mark1726 said:
I don't think it is assigned randomly. They have showed some screens of it and it looks like you can pick your starters from any team as can the opposing team. Probably get to choose one then the CPU chooses then you etc....

At any rate it looks like fun for some exhibition games. Pick Gannon as the QB with Owens at WR and Travis Henry at RB, plus you get to choose the whole defensive unit like the Buc's. It will be something to play with after the game gets a little old.

but does it play like real fantasy football? Where we chose players in the begining of the year and follow their stats for the whole season and see who has the most points by the end of the year compared to other people, or in this case, the CPU?
Old 08-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 32

No, I don't think it's anything like that. I could be wrong though. That would be a pretty cool idea.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:07 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
Quote:

mark1726 said:
I don't think it is assigned randomly. They have showed some screens of it and it looks like you can pick your starters from any team as can the opposing team. Probably get to choose one then the CPU chooses then you etc....

At any rate it looks like fun for some exhibition games. Pick Gannon as the QB with Owens at WR and Travis Henry at RB, plus you get to choose the whole defensive unit like the Buc's. It will be something to play with after the game gets a little old.

but does it play like real fantasy football? Where we chose players in the begining of the year and follow their stats for the whole season and see who has the most points by the end of the year compared to other people, or in this case, the CPU?

Nah I think you can only choose your players for an exhibition game. But VC could have a surprise though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 01:09 AM   #12
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

That's cool. But the scramble starters is the one I'm over. I can pick the Bears. Roll the dice and probably get McNabb at QB with Faulk at HB... Replay, replay, replay...
Old 08-13-2003, 08:46 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

I think the reason why nobody is talking about it is because it is not a very entertaining mode to play in. It is a lot more fun to see if you can get your favorite team, with its current roster as it is in the real NFL, to a Super Bowl Championship. Anybody can gather the best players from every team, put them on their team and go undefeated from here to eternity. What's the fun, and most of all, the challenge in that? Fantasy Football is for kids.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:13 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

ANyone know if there will be an online fantasy draft?...like go on with 32 of your friends each draft your team that you will use in the online league that 2k4 is promoting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »