Home

NFL 2K5 15 Minute Quarter Game Play (with Sliders)

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5 15 Minute Quarter Game Play (with Sliders) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NFL 2K5 15 Minute Quarter Game Play (with Sliders)

I played two games so far, 8 minute quarters using the Colts vs Lions and then the Colts vs Patriots. Using my Sliders, I got 121 yards rushing on 18 carries against the Lions, but against the Patriots I only got 59 yards on 23 carries. I think that is pretty much realistic. I set the sliders for Blocking to 20 and Running to 1. CPU sliders Pursuit and Tackle maxed out. Fatigue for Human and CPU set to 5.

In game, I mostly had to rely on my blocks and jukes while hitting the interior with Edge, and once I hit the second level I'd charge up and prance my way for yards (just like real life). I did a juke and then followed up with a spin before being taken down for a 5 yard gain. After tiring them out with a few plays with Dominic Rhodes, I put Edge back in and he had a breakaway for a touchdown 48 yards. I won the game 35-10.

The Patriots was difficult, at one point I had 2 yards with 7 carries. You can definately feel a difference, because in real life the Patriots (back in 2004 especially) wouldn't let anyone get 100 yards rushing. Even behind the Colts line, and Edge being rated 89 it was near impossible so it would force me to pass But I was using the Colts as a rushing team (maybe I should have used a team like the Chargers or Chiefs who are a true rushing team, I don't know). But the results weren't pretty and I lost the game 24-14.

Give it a go and tell me your results:

Here are some house rules I go by if you're interested.

7 Minute Quarters
Rules:
1) Switch sides to the opposing team and go through their substitutions and add in their 2nd running back so it would add a variety and the starter would have 22-30 rushing attempts.

2) CPU AI isn't that strong, so go through their defensive match-ups and put certain defenders onto your players, and add in some double coverage to the playmakers also to make the passing and running game more harder.

3) Don't snap the ball until the playclock reaches 18 seconds. Why? The CPU always snaps the ball around that time, so let replays and whatevers run.

4) If you scramble with the QB, do not use turbo - I personally never use the Turbo unless I am a ball carrier: Running Back or trying to return an Interception.

5) Sliders:

HUMAN
Blocking: 20
Passing: 5
Running: 1
Catching: 5
Coverage: Max
Pursuit: Max
Tackling: Max
Kicking: 10
Fatigue: 5

COMPUTER
Blocking: 20
Passing: 5
Running: 1
Catching: 5
Coverage: Max
Pursuit: Max
Tackling: Max
Kicking: Max
Fatigue: 5

Injury: 20
Fumble: 20
Interception: 3

PENALTY SLIDERS
Max out everything

GAME OPTIONS
Game Speed: Slow
Play Calling: By Package

EDIT: Turbo on tackles and User Catch everything. Lobs are easy to throw in this game, but when trying to user catch a lob, gives a better chance of it being tipped.

Last edited by Rambo1986; 12-08-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Oh lol, I user catch everything anyway, honestly it if you use maximum passing it starts to feel cheese (in a good way) against the cpu because its sooo much control lol..

Your right about fatigue, its the most important stat and it does seem to boost cpu ai..After finals are done Im going to do some serious tweaking

Also do you know if its possible to send someone your v.i.p. over the net, I tried searching on here but I couldnt find it. It would be cool if we created v.i.p. to make teams play like there real life counterparts.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Double post, Im sorry

But Rambo, right stick jukes can be realllllllllly overpowered because the cpu doesnt utilize the straff. Im trying to minimize the effectiveness espeacially against stand out defenders it used to annoy me when my 67 rated finnesse back spinned through Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher lol.

2k5 is not perfect but it STILL to this day produces and captures the most life like Nfl moments. Im just trying to make it more and more consistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayp
Oh lol, I user catch everything anyway, honestly it if you use maximum passing it starts to feel cheese (in a good way) against the cpu because its sooo much control lol..

Your right about fatigue, its the most important stat and it does seem to boost cpu ai..After finals are done Im going to do some serious tweaking

Also do you know if its possible to send someone your v.i.p. over the net, I tried searching on here but I couldnt find it. It would be cool if we created v.i.p. to make teams play like there real life counterparts.
Should be. It is just a game save - people upload their rosters onto here for us to download so why can't someone upload their VIPs for us to download. It is very possible.

This might be asking a whole lot, but since we are on the same page - Can you do a VIP for every team and possibly create Coach Specific playbooks (if you're good at that). Every Coach should have their own playbook instead of the same ole generic one in the game. I have Pro Football Prospectus if you need charts and what not for teams how they utilize schemes and you just mimmick them through gameplay and record via VIP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »