Home

Tackles give away play

This is a discussion on Tackles give away play within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 02:40 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Tackles give away play

I found just the opposite in the demo. The tackle stance was mixed up a bit, certainly more so than in 2K3, where the only way the stance would be off was on draws or play action. The demo has shown more variety on this, to the point where I think it's a non-issue.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:33 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Demo = May.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:54 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
I'm still wondering why this is a complaint since it happens in real life too.

The people who know it happens in the NFL don't seem to have a problem with this at all. I for one don't. If that bothers you then you should complain that 2K/ESPN has more than one offensive formation. that shotgun play will give you away every time.

VC can't win for losing. Everytime they try and give you more realism someone says they don't like it. Players in the NFL stand in the 2 point stance on pass plays. it's either they're too slow getting out of their 3 point to pass block or their legs hurt too bad to get down in the 3 point stance. Either way these players stand on pass plays usually 100% of the time. You even have player use the 2 point stance on running plays. Stop the needless crying when it happens in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 08:48 AM   #12
MVP

You'll get killed if you rely on that to play defense this year. In the demo I've noticed that at least half the time on pass plays, the tackles are down in a 3 point stance, and that's not counting play action passes. True, a 2 point stance means pass or draw always from what i can tell, but I can't imagine lineman getting in a 2 point stance when they're going to be all-out run blocking anyway, so that's realistic.

But if you see 3 point stances and bunch up for the run all the time this year, prepare to get destroyed.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

First of all, Sega was being realistic to a point--but they took it too far. In a 3rd and 1 when I'm passing my tackles SHOULD NOT be in a 2 point EVER. And on 1st and ten, 90% of the time you knew what was coming. That was my problem--not the realism, but the implementation was wrong.

Taylor34

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »