Home

Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens)

This is a discussion on Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

FlyEaglesFly2294's Arena

OVR: 3
Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens)

Alright so I know a lot of people have heard about 2k approaching the NFL about a deal so if it does happen (hopefully) what do you want to see? Heres a few of mine:

-If a player is going to be carted off the field, I don't want to hear that he only has a bruise, It has to be a big injury. This has happened to me a few times in my dynasty that I started on Saturday.

-We need to make adjustments to the Weekly Preparation. Team Practices and Drills would be a huge add-on and would give you a expierience of how hard it is to actually prepare for a game and get the W.

-Maybe a new feature to dynasty such as players getting fined for showing up late to team meetings and players that are unhappy with the team, coach, etc. and they refuse to suit up or they refuse to try hard in games until traded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens)

Seriously, I'd just love to see a next gen 2k5 all prettied up. It'd kick the pants off Madden. Especially if they tightened it up to the effect of NBA 2k11. Some things that'd be sweet.

- Being devasted by injuries in a season like most NFL teams. This would put more emphasis on securing good back ups.
- Deeper playbooks with schemes and everything. A tutorial on how to use them for the uninitiated.
- Hiring/Firing coaches, offensive co-ordinators, defensive co-ordinators. Instead of giving you miniscule stat bumps, they provide the schemes to your playbooks. i.e. Belicheck runs everything and gives you thousands of different looks, where as wade phillips will run the same play 6 or 7 times in a game.
- You have Team stats such as focus, prepartion, unity etc etc which your coaches provide. As such a team with no superstars that is coached well can compete against a loaded team coached poorly (to reflect Dallas' season)

Last edited by McHammerfist; 12-14-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Great excerpt from Yahoo Sports article...Hopefully the NFL will listen and completely do away with all exclusive licenses.

Congrats to the NFL’s head, neck and spine medical committee for recommending last week that the league sever any ties with helmet makers in an effort to help push further development in the industry. The opinion of the doctors who serve on the committee is that any company that is known as the “official” helmet maker of the NFL will have a strong advantage in marketing their equipment, preventing other manufacturers from gaining a foothold in the business. Logically, that will ultimately limit further development, the doctors believe. Riddell has been the official helmet maker for more than 20 years. “[My] preference would be that [the NFL] did not” have an official helmet, Dr. Hunt Batjer told the Associated Press last week. Batjer, who works at Northwestern University, is the co-chair of the committee. Dr. Robert Cantu, a senior adviser to the committee, was more direct. “We all don’t see the wisdom of that relationship other than severing it as soon as contractually you can.”

Old 12-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Only gripe I have ever had with 2k5 was that to the players looked somewhat akward when they run. Thats it. When they have the ball, with there back straight up to me it looks weird. Anyone else agree..?
Old 12-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 32

They only need to make the same changes Madden does, that is....minimal to the gameplay and, as aformention, pretty up everything else.

2KShare would be nice.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Franchise franchise franchise franchise.

Fix the player progression that is in 2k5. Nobody likes having it completely predetermined. It is a nice thought that some players get better and worse regardless of playing time, but that should certainly not be the only factor.

Keep/update weekly prep. Weekly preparation was awesome until word got out that it didn't really do a lot from a long term standpoint. If weekly prep can get tuned to have something to do with long term development, and keeping players healthy/fragile that would be amazing.

Let injuries play the role that they do in the real world. Injuries are devastating to a player and his team. You see it all the time; a high ankle sprain in the preseason leads to an off year because the player never gets completely healthy. A rookie gets hurt early in year one and doesn't quite develop the way he should...maybe he doesn't really start to show his potential until the next season.

Don't be afraid to rate backup talent at a lower level. As a Browns fan it is horrifying when a starter gets hurt, and you know that his backup probably doesn't even belong in the NFL. You know that position is probably doomed, and it becomes an incredible weak spot for other teams to exploit. This also rewards teams that are able to draft well and acquire a lot of depth on their team.

Presentation overlays - make different sets of broadcast overlays for different games. I'm not asking for different announcers, (wouldn't that be amazing?) but a CBS, and FOX overlay for the regular Sunday games would be cool. Imagine playing those games for a few weeks and then being hit with a whole different presentation style for your Sunday Night game on NBC. That would add a ton of flavor to the broadcast.

In game cutaways - How about throwing it to "Boom goes the dynamite guy" in the studio, and then being treated to a game tying touchdown pass by Peyton Manning? Same thing with the halftime show. It would be cool to see a quick rundown of every game with highlights from a few.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd take the exact same game with updated rosters, coaches and photos. I would change nothing about game play. I might fix the draft issue.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

They would need to improve franchise AI and add minor gameplay improvements. First, they need the license which is still far out of reach. :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »