Home

ESPN's own review = Pathetic

This is a discussion on ESPN's own review = Pathetic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 01:29 PM   #25
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN\'s own review = Pathetic

Quote:

DouglasMcc said:

"WHAT THE HELL IS SUXXORS???? "

Sega_Loyal_Fan, to be honest, I don't know myself. Its a word all the preteens on Gamefaqs love to throw around when they want to argue. I was just using it to illustrate my point.

Im getting too old for this crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

ahhh I read the reviews as well, Gameday's graphics second-to-none? Huh? Did I miss something?

Those reviews were mediocre at best. In fact, I gleaned very few information from each. Poorly written to appeal to the mass youngsters, shame on you ESPN.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

DouglasMcc said:
"The day Gameday is better than ESPN is the day I buy a Karl Malone Laker Jersey and paint my face purple and gold."

I have pointed this out before, but lets try again. Thats my opinion. Thats your opinion. Heck, thats many peoples' opinion. However, reviews are EXPRESSED OPINIONS. NO ONES OPINION IS WRONG. They are expressing personal preferences. I am pretty sure there are people out there who prefer Gameday to either NFL 2K or Madden. The game still sells well enough for Sony to keep funding its development. Your opinion Jabisco is just like everyone elses: you may share it with many (I would tend to agree), but that doesnt make it true for everyone.

"WHAT THE HELL IS SUXXORS???? "

Sega_Loyal_Fan, to be honest, I don't know myself. Its a word all the preteens on Gamefaqs love to throw around when they want to argue. I was just using it to illustrate my point.

though I have yet to meet someone who perferred gameday over madden, espn, or fever.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:52 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

WallyHoppIII said:
Checking out OTHER reviews, these guys have no clue about reviewing games.

Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------- 7
With earlier versions of the game, guys have been known to fool their girlfriends into thinking they're only watching football, not playing it. Anytime she walks into the room, hide the controller; that's how good the graphics are. Create-a-player functions ensure you can even drop in a body double and brag about the good ol' days of Polk High.

Yet they rate the graphics a 7 for NCAA football 2004. I don't think that's a bad score, but why say the graphics are just THAT good to fool your G/f into thinking its a real game????

I agree and to add on to that they gave Madden a 9 , the graphics for them are virtually the same.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:45 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yea that's pretty ridiculous. I liked Madden better but 2K3's graphics were incredible.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

He did lie. He said the "Crib" had 300-plus unlockable items and it has over 1500. (And no one say 500 IS 300-plus)

He also said that the animations are stale and repetitive. Now that maaaay be considered an opinion, but it is highly suspect especially if he didn't say that Madden's animations have no variation. Because It is a fact that there are more animations in the Sega series than in any other football game. PERIOD. So he lied there too. Or misleads everyone if you want to call it that instead.

Old 08-14-2003, 09:09 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Well, slap us and call us Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega did it. They've always been close to tackling EA Sports' Madden NFL series, but this as real as it gets. Having addressed some misgivings from last year's offering, including wide receivers that seemed to drop every pass and stale, repetitive animations, the company serves up a sincere contender.

How can they say NFL 2k3 had stale repetitive animations when Madden only had a handfull of animations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 10:15 PM   #32
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

all the game mags and special people get it alot earlier than the release date .....and its finished ......game magazine only can review the final products of games........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »