Home

Old 08-14-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Plays

When I was playing the game I noticed that when you were picking the play on defense it shows you how many backs, wide recievers, tight ends, and the formation the other team has picked. Will there be an option to turn this off? In the NFL does the team on defense know this information? If in the NFL they know that I will keep it on.
Thanx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Plays

Yes. They do know this.

This is the reason for rules about "12 men in the huddle". You are only permitted 11 in the huddle, and there are rules about when you can substitute.

Defensive packages are put on the field based on the personnel that is seen in the offensive huddle. If you see 5 WR, you probably send in a Dime package ... if you see no WR, you send in a goalline package, maybe.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Yeah if you were standing on the sideline you could see what personnel the other team is sending in. Add to that you can't see the entire field in the game so it's helps out by letting you know the formation the other team is using too.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #4
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

It's also excellent to know when the punter is coming onto the field.

Playing Fever online you never knew when the other team would punt. So that 1 in 84 4th downs that they did actually bring a punter out onto the field I would still have a regular defense out there.

One more positive of 2k over Fever.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Well Fever does give you the same info this year finally. I always hated that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 04:34 PM   #6
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

That's good, now if they can fix the momentum, allow you to actually get yardage on a punt return, and fix the horrible spin move and HB screens I'll think about getting 05.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:37 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

I'm so glad they put that in there this year. That's even better than the way Madden has it.

One thing I hated on 2k series was that I felt out of control in defensive playcalling. I only had down and distance to go by, because I couldn't tell what the package was. Now because of the demo I know that "JOKERS" means two Tight Ends, but before I would just see the computer picked "Queens" package. Pro set is easy but I wasn't familiar with the card references (ace, queen, king, etc.) What in the world is that? Now I can easily see RB:2 WR:3 or whatever.

Great addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »