MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Well...

Quote:

playerX said:
Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
IIRC about 30-40 minutes.

same here, and IMO you'd be making a big mistake if you dont play ESPN, just cause u like Madden. They are both good games, but you'll be kicking yourself sooner or later for not buying this game.

Yeah, I got both last year, but disliked 2k3's WR catching and how a lineman could run down a WR. It appears they have fixed that though.

I am still wondering about the demo disc.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:10 PM   #10
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MSUSPartanPride said:
What things in ESPN's franchise mode put it over Madden's? I really enjoy Madden's franchise mode, and am wondering if I will like ESPN's more, and if so, why? Thanks!

If you didn't play 2k3 last year then you'll be pretty impressed with ESPNFL's Franchise Mode. But its nowhere near as deep as Madden's. You'll like it though.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
... They said there is some email system, but that doesn't seem like a big deal. I hope they fixed some AI issues.

I think this is a GREAT idea -- big news from around the league a well as your team specific news all delivered to your virtual desk!

I always used to miss the big injuries in Madden... like a career ending injury to Faulk in year two of my first franchise -- I didn't know anything about it until weeks later when I came up against the Rams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 06:37 PM   #12
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

espn has a GM mode that is real fun. draft day includes 3 computer screens and a pda. you get to scout players all though not as deep as i would like and you get extra players until the final cut day.

managing money is real difficult. your players will want money you cant pay and you will need to let them go. in WSB 2K3 you had a loyalty rating and some players wouldnt sign back up with you at all. that will probably be added and so will the impact your assistant coaches have on your team. all things implemented in WSB.

sega seems to add the various features that work to their other games.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:03 PM   #13
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Sega's franchise is real good. I'm finding the owner mode not to impressive. NO impact on gameplay hergo feels like two separate games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »