Home

Franchise stat issues

This is a discussion on Franchise stat issues within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise stat issues

So I have played one game of my 2011-2012 season and when I view the league leaders there are players that have rushed for 1300 yds and thrown for over 3000 after one game??There also Defensive backs with 300 yds rushing and safeties with 9+ sacks... Is this a common problem and is there anything that can be done to avoid this? I have used Finns editor extensively to edit my 2011 draft class. Does that possibly cause these type of bugs in the game? Any feedback would be much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
I just had this problem yesterday myself. It's an issue with one of the 2010 roster files (don't remember which I dl'd) where a bunch of players start the season with a full set of stats, at the end of the season you'll see they'll have like 32 games played that season. For me the big problem players were Hasselback, Leon Washington, Braylon Edwards and a few more. You can clear their stats in the editor but I thought there were too many to bother so I just cleared the guys I knew would be starting so they wouldn't end up with record setting numbers. Unfortunately I forgot to clear Hasselbeck and he ended up winning MVP with 6000+ yards (in 32 games lol)
NHL: LA Kings
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise stat issues

IIRC, I began experiencing this problem on the 2k9 roster files. I play the game on PS2.

It's really strange and leads to some bizarre season awards and stat lines. Usually I ignore glitches and whatever, but this one really irks me because my players are never eligible for regular season awards
Old 02-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Have you tried clearing all stats? I think I added that option to the editor since this problem cropped up before. Not sure if it actually fixes the problem long term though and you do lose all career stats for every one.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Rookie

dogeatery's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Have you tried clearing all stats? I think I added that option to the editor since this problem cropped up before. Not sure if it actually fixes the problem long term though and you do lose all career stats for every one.
Finn, I haven't tried it. Considering that there aren't really any awards for career stats in the game (right?) I'd be willing to lose career stats for a shot at staying in the competition for MVP et al.

Clearing stats doesn't affect anything else, does it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

No it doesn't affect anything except past stats. I tried this and it just erases the stats as far as I know. I had the same problem with Edwards, Hasselback, and Leon Washington going off for lots of yards but the only way to fix it I found out was to clear stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »