Home

Do u think they run a little funny in ESPN 2k4

This is a discussion on Do u think they run a little funny in ESPN 2k4 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2003, 09:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: Do u think they run a little funny in ESPN 2k4

Mrnoobie, you are da man. Please tell me you can make some more of those .gif's because I can't see those Gamespot vids on my computer.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

mrnoobie said:

I knew someone would throw that out there. Great job mrnoobie. *I like how Trace Armstrong (#93) just gives up*
Old 08-19-2003, 10:29 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

what people are talkin about is the actual in game running not the replays. I saw one of terell owens running in for a touchdown and tha running animation was not that good. The replays are sweet, but the actual in game running is what people are concerned with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

jcyph said:
what people are talkin about is the actual in game running not the replays. I saw one of terell owens running in for a touchdown and tha running animation was not that good. The replays are sweet, but the actual in game running is what people are concerned with.

Well their concerned are based on inaccurate information. The replays are the same as the in-game animations. If you zoom out and change the angle you'll see. And that Alstott video is much more recent than that Terrell Owens one you're talking about. They've actually worked on the run animations since that early video, as you can see from the Alstott one. And remember, different players run differently, so I doubt we'll see Owens runnin' like Alstott runs now.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:37 AM   #13
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

jcyph said:

eh? the replay is the same running animation as it is ingame you make it sound like that the replays use completely different animations.......its all in the angle....

EDIT: arrgh goober beat me to it....
Old 08-19-2003, 10:51 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Actually I think the running animation this year is the best in any football game. It doesn't look funny at all. If you study it and focus on every little tidbit of it then you might find something you don't like about it so don't examin it so hard and just roll with it. It's not that big of a deal anyways and you shouldn't be focused on a running animation that closely. It's not perfect but neither is Maddens or any other football game out there so. I do like the fact that ESPN's running animation has more of a realistic motion to it like in that Alstott gif how each step has a bounce to it. He is chuggin for the touchdown and it's a perfect motion for his body type. Every part of him reacts to the motion of another. There is no ? ESPN has the best running animation in the biz.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, everyone loves Madden's run anim's so much, and they've looked better in the past, but now, ESPN looks better in the newer vids. Maddens guys seem to limp, or something, plus they all run the same.

Say, mrnoobie, since you're here, can you make some more gifs from those gamespot vids you have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 11:49 AM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

hmmm heres an old dillon one made

the ones in gamespot were only gameplay vids and firstperson...nothing really worth turning to gif since its all from a standard cam perspective though there was one replay

hmm i just noticed the footwork on the spin...hehe thats impressive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »