Home

My impressions of the demo

This is a discussion on My impressions of the demo within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2003, 04:57 PM   #25
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: My impressions of the demo

it's kinda funny b/c i thought this post was more appropriate for the madden forum too (especially after your little joke that I won't repeat here ). and i agree that your opinion is your opinion and some are gettin on you too much for it.

but i think you took more heat over there and here you're actually getting some advice that may make you give it another look. guess it all works out for the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 05:54 PM   #26
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

In my opinion, if you REALLY want to give this game a fair shake, you should put Madden away COMPLETELY for about a week or two. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. Because the biggest stumbling block for most people is that difference between the 2 games. If you are comparing it to a game you are used to, you will NEVER see what IT has to offer. You are always looking for Madden to pop out of the game. Well, that will not happen. The games are VASTLY different. That's why true fans of both games keep both games. They are different. I will guarantee you that you will get a better sense of the game if you do it that way.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:56 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

"..Now that we talked about defense, I want to remind you, this game is online. The glorious feeling that you get from shutting someone out, or, stopping them with 30 seconds to go on 4th and inches is a joy that cannot be put into words. I hope you give this game a fair chance, that includes login on and playing some games on XBL. I think once you spank/get spanked by someone online, you will see why we all are such fanatics about this great game..."

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've said it before and I will say it again, for an immersive multi-player gaming experience, it doesn't get any better than the NFl2K series...
Old 08-19-2003, 06:41 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Go away and take your little fishing pole with you

People here are actually going out of their way to try and help you have a better gaming experience when you don't deserve it. What you posted in the Madden forum obviously shows what Football game you have a true bias towards (can't use the other phrase). There you posted to tell Madden fans to not bother with Sega's product and here you have come to place your little rod in the water and see what the catch of the day is.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:46 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow,
You guys really made some good points. I have been appreciating the realistic gameplay more and more as I play the demo. I guess I just missed throwing my deep corner passes and using big spin moves to cut up field for 20 yard runs. I have always been a fan of big play football and Madden sort of quenches my thirst for that. Then again, I am also a true football fan and so I do appreciate the subtler nuances of the game. For that reason I can see why the short passing, run up the middle for 3-5 offense can be the way to go. I might have a plan that would let me pick up ESPN real cheap and if that is the case I will probably do it.
-Noah
Old 08-19-2003, 06:47 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

tripwire said:

People here are actually going out of their way to try and help you have a better gaming experience when you don't deserve it. What you posted in the Madden forum obviously shows what Football game you have a true bias towards (can't use the other phrase). There you posted to tell Madden fans to not bother with Sega's product and here you have come to place your little rod in the water and see what the catch of the day is.

Now look at my above post...

And I thought ESPN fans were more civilized.

-Noah
Old 08-19-2003, 06:52 PM   #31
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

tripwire said:

The guy is giving ESPN a chance, so just keep whatever was said in the Madden fourm....in the Madden fourm.

Please, lets not start any flaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2003, 07:14 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Ewberdude said:
Wow,
You guys really made some good points. I have been appreciating the realistic gameplay more and more as I play the demo. I guess I just missed throwing my deep corner passes and using big spin moves to cut up field for 20 yard runs. I have always been a fan of big play football and Madden sort of quenches my thirst for that. Then again, I am also a true football fan and so I do appreciate the subtler nuances of the game. For that reason I can see why the short passing, run up the middle for 3-5 offense can be the way to go. I might have a plan that would let me pick up ESPN real cheap and if that is the case I will probably do it.
-Noah

I apologize for my fellow "Seganites". We are overly sensitive because we hate
the fact that people are so "Maddenized" that they cannot loose their Madden bias to judge
the game on it's own merit. You mentioned that your a "big play" guy and that is why Madden
is to your liking. That is cool. The NFL2K series is known
for it's immersive gaming experience. In other words, you really have to enjoy the essence
of football to really "understand" what the game is all about. You will hear the same
compliments echoed by those of us who follow the series. We seem to enjoy the feel of
being in the pocket and actually having to make reads in order to be successful in the
passing game. In order to be successful in the running game, you really have to follow your
blockers, etc. It sounds like you are at least going to give the game a fair chance. That is
all anyone can ask.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »