Home

Interview with VC

This is a discussion on Interview with VC within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2003, 01:22 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Interview with VC

You can actually pay for insider in cash, or at least you could a while ago. You should just give your mom the money and ask to use her credit card.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:43 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

You don't understand... the money has nothing to do with it... it's VERY hard to explain.

Okay, first of all, she thinks the video games are a distraction to my schoolwork... like homework and studying for tests. Now in 2nd grade she made it so that I couldn't play video games on weekdays, and it's like that today.

I've been hooked onto video games for nearly all my life... and every weekend I sit on my computer chair playing video games while posting stuff... my mom calls this place "Command Central", making fun of me.

Don't worry, I'm no lonely derranged geek. I'm on my high school baseball team and what not, I've been asked to be sponsored by skateboarding companies, and yeah... I play guitar, and I hang out with my friends all the time... however, every time my mom sees me in here, she says this is all I do, and she gets quite mad... so do I saying this ISN'T all that I do. For the summer, that's partly true. But during the school year I'm doing basically everything BUT this... only during the morning and late at night do I play games on weekends.

Now here's the whole drawback behind the schoolwork... I live in California, and I USED to live in a city called Redwood Shores (about 35 miles South of San Francisco), and people from Redwood Shores are in the Belmont (another city) school district. My older sister is 2 years older than me, so she started kindergarten in Belmont, and we moved when I was 3, so we were JUST able to go to schools in Belmont... otherwise if we moved any earlier, Kristin (my sister) would not be going to a Belmont school.

We moved to San Mateo (about 10 miles up North from Redwood Shores, YET about 2 miles away from Belmont). Regardless of how close or far away Belmont was, Kristin wouldn't've been able to go to a Belmont school if we tried AFTER we moved. So, since she got to go to one, then they let me go to it when I was in kindergarten. Ever since then, we've been going to schools in Belmont, also in middle school, and now in high school.

See, the problem is, there are so many people that are trying to transfer to Carlmont (my high school), so what Kristin and I have to do is maintain a 3.8 GPA or higher to stay in, because we aren't "Belmont/Redwood Shores residents". Now Kristin is a straight A student... she takes AP classes and gets A's, so she's a 5.0 student. I on the other hand am a wannabe slacker that doesn't slack. I do last minute work. I do the bare minimum. However, I was in Trigonometry last year... shows what I'm gonna major in.

Anyways, the point is, I want to stay in Carlmont, and my mom wants me to stay in Carlmont. She hasn't really been this picky about video game stuff until I was in 8th grade, where I actually did slack. I had a 3.42 GPA, and I was lucky to JOIN Carlmont... then all I had to do was in high school maintain a 3.8 GPA. Ever since then, my mom has been on my case about both video games and schoolwork, and she is now tough on me with video games. So far the only game I got this year was WSB 2K3, and that was a late Christmas present. Well, ESPN NFL Football is actually a late birthday present... cashing in my birthday money here.

If I ever ask her if I could subscribe to something... she would consider it... if she asks "What kind?", and if I say "Vide..." she would storm out of the room. She's plain down hard on me now, and I can't get through to her. My dad is a lot nicer about this stuff, but even with him... I'm telling you, even though this is just to see extra stuff about video games, even HE wouldn't let me become an insider even if it was 5 bucks.

They are hard on my schoolwork, and I can't get through to them.

Sorry for the huge backstory stuff... just clearing everything up that needed to be cleared up.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:59 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

if you saw the Gamepot videos, the IGN interview is nothing new

actually, he kinda spoils the Super Bowl by giving a few too many details :/, o well

Old 08-22-2003, 02:54 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Ever heard of making your own money and buying your own things?

There is always one person who will post this.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:26 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 32

I'm downloading it again now, because the download died twice last night.

Anyway, I think (not sure) that you can cancel your Insider subscription within 7 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 12:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm downloading it now, it should take me about 10 minutes
Old 08-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #23
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Quote:

SportsorDeath said:
Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Aww man.

Hey the game will be out sept 2, be easy cuz...
Is it against the rules for an insider to post what the article says on here?

Indeed it is, Mr. McFluffin.

However, I would be willing to let you "borrow" my username and password to IGN for the low, low price of $19.99.

Hey, I gotta recoup the money I paid for it somehow.

Can you offer it to me without the pay? You can change your password if you'd like just for this... we'll make it my name... Brandon.

PLEASE!?!?

Old 08-22-2003, 12:07 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:... it's just that I'm 15 and I don't have a credit card, and when I mention something about video games to my mom, she reminds me of my school work, doesn't like the idea, and says no.

ROFLOL!!!LMHO!!!!!

Man, am I glad I'm old... .......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »