Home

I'm not impressed...here comes the sh...

This is a discussion on I'm not impressed...here comes the sh... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 10:53 AM   #33
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I\'m not impressed...here comes the sh...

I don't see anything wrong with what UNC said. He merely commented on the Demo and said Fever was the current front runner. I didn't read anywhere where he had already decided not to look at the final ESPN build.

For the Sega die-hards that took offense, try to be more positive in promoting your game. You are only going to turn UNC (and other undecided readers) off to the 2K series by bashing. Just keep pushing what you like about the game that others may be unaware of. If they simply don't like the feel of it, accept it and they might at least be open to the series the following year.

Some of the more aggresive Madden die-hards have actually had a hand in turning me off to that series.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I\'m not impressed...here comes the sh...

If you're not impressed with the Demo version, that's ok and people here should learn to accept that. You stated that you will give the final version a shot before passing judgement on the game, so I see nothing wrong with your opinion thus far.

I wasn't overly impressed with last year's version at first, but the gameplay did grow on me in time and that's why I will purchase this year's version. It seems they have addressed the major flaws(jumpimg jack DB's, no sacks, super tackles, ability to steer RB like a car around pylons, and supermen QB's who could shrug off 300 pound linemen without much effort).

To each his own, every title has something to offer to each individual. Fever has XSN which will no doubt increase the game's popularity, Madden has a deep Owner's Mode which will keep their faithful happy, and ESPN has apparently corrected the flaws above which will make their gameplay even that much better.

For me, I enjoy the gamplay aspect more than anything else.

peace
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »