Home

Sega: Blowing Away Expectations

This is a discussion on Sega: Blowing Away Expectations within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2003, 12:35 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Sega: Blowing Away Expectations

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

bdoughty said:
September 2nd can't get here fast enough for me. Of course it is nice to have NCAA 2004 to kill the time.

You didn't get Madden?

Yea I got it but I spend more time with NCAA 2004.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:03 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

BurtReynolds said:
Did they fix the catching this year?

The catching didn't need to be fixed. Have you ever thought about using the sliders provided to make catching better?

Well, actually, two things did need to be changed.

1) Ball physics... now if someone tips or bobbles it, it has a MUCH truer bounce.

2) The main problem with catching this year was not catching the ball, but rather when the defender hit you after you caught it, you would most likely drop it.

Both of these were fixed this year, ALONG with Human catching sliders (as I mention in another thread).

OKay guys - NFL receiver DROP PASSES especially when they get popped right as they catch the ball or right after.

I know in 2K3 it was worse than it should be but just because you #3 WR drops the ball after the catch in this version doesn't mean there is an issue
Old 08-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

sanders said:
Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

BurtReynolds said:

The catching didn't need to be fixed. Have you ever thought about using the sliders provided to make catching better?

1) Ball physics... now if someone tips or bobbles it, it has a MUCH truer bounce.

2) The main problem with catching this year was not catching the ball, but rather when the defender hit you after you caught it, you would most likely drop it.

Both of these were fixed this year, ALONG with Human catching sliders (as I mention in another thread).

OKay guys - NFL receiver DROP PASSES especially when they get popped right as they catch the ball or right after.

I know in 2K3 it was worse than it should be but just because you #3 WR drops the ball after the catch in this version doesn't mean there is an issue

I didn't say that... I was just saying that it happens after like... EVERY time, therefore you couldn't complete passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Mark_1Up said:
I played the demo, and I loved everything about it gameplay-wise. Of course, there were a few unsettling issues, but I hoped they would be fixed in the final product. I had no idea Sega would actually fix every single complaint I had with the demo.

a) Stadium nets for field goals.
b) Multiple hot routes.
c) Multiple players in motion.
d) Unbeatable presentation.
e) A breathtaking weekly wrap-up including game clips.

Now it seems my only remaining complaint is that they only show screenshot highlights in the Half-Time show instead of clips, but the game just looks to satisfy all of my wishes for a football game.

Actually, now at half time, they do show clips! At least I heard that they changed it.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

sanders said:
Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

BurtReynolds said:

No, but when my number 1 receiver drops it 80% of the time after getting hit, there most definitely is a problem. The vast majority of posters agreed with this, and Sega really seemed to listen.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:04 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:

Andrew0681 said:
Quote:

Mark_1Up said:
I played the demo, and I loved everything about it gameplay-wise. Of course, there were a few unsettling issues, but I hoped they would be fixed in the final product. I had no idea Sega would actually fix every single complaint I had with the demo.

a) Stadium nets for field goals.
b) Multiple hot routes.
c) Multiple players in motion.
d) Unbeatable presentation.
e) A breathtaking weekly wrap-up including game clips.

Now it seems my only remaining complaint is that they only show screenshot highlights in the Half-Time show instead of clips, but the game just looks to satisfy all of my wishes for a football game.

Actually, now at half time, they do show clips! At least I heard that they changed it.

No, they show clips during the weekly wrapup... this time they added touchdown clips!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

gambit816 said:
Quote:

sanders said:
Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

BurtReynolds said:

No, but when my number 1 receiver drops it 80% of the time after getting hit, there most definitely is a problem. The vast majority of posters agreed with this, and Sega really seemed to listen.

Actually on most plays down the middle of the feild receivers get hit almost at the same time they catch it. They drop some they catch some. The prob with 2k3 was Brown would catch it take 1-2 steps get hit ON THE ANKLE and drop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:

antbull2k4 said:
Quote:

gambit816 said:
Quote:

sanders said:
Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

BurtReynolds said:

Actually on most plays down the middle of the feild receivers get hit almost at the same time they catch it. They drop some they catch some. The prob with 2k3 was Brown would catch it take 1-2 steps get hit ON THE ANKLE and drop it.

Yup... but it's been fixed...

Maybe that's why Maddenites won't look at this game... they think it's the same as last year's in terms of superhuman dives, catches, leaps, tackles, and they thought of the no momentum problem and the dropped passes problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »