Home

It's like Tiger Woods and Mickelson

This is a discussion on It's like Tiger Woods and Mickelson within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2003, 09:07 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: It\'s like Tiger Woods and Mickelson

Quote:

iLLmatic said:
when you compare the night and day comparison to madden and espn. You just cant explain it but its just that espn is just better than madden. hands down. you dont try to explain it because you cant. it can be that the developers have a different plan in mind from vc compared to ea. just like it could be that while tiger was outside in the rain chipping for 5 hours mickelson was outside for 2 and was satisfied with 2 hours. ea has become satisfied that they have a fun game. but dont mix fun with authentic simulation. vc is the tiger woods in this comparison. constantly doing whatever it takes to get better and better with a view of greatness in the future while other people are focused on the guy who has been just good but not great. ea is mickelson. good in their own right but still always leave you looking for more. remember, before there was tiger mania everyone was all over mickelson and colin montgomery and all these other good golfers. but only a small group foreseen the greatness of tiger. all of us in here should be happy that we are on the wagon before it leaves, cause in a year or 2, this forum will be flooded with former maddeneers claiming how tired they are with playing the same game every year with a few improvements.

are you
Old 08-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Don't worry, there will always be a spot on the train. No matter what game I want to buy, I am sure a company will gladly sell me a copy.

Also you might want to leave golf out of your story next time. Your point was not made as Tiger has been slumping lately Or was this the point you were trying to get across?

Tiger is not slumping. I saw a stat today during his round about that and it said he's won 31% of the tournaments he's entered this year and he's only done better then that 1 time. That's no slump. To stay on topic now, I'm not sure I know exactly what your getting at with your analogie.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

a much better comparison would be 50 cent (EA) to guru of gangstarr (SEGA).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2003, 09:52 PM   #12

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Pointless post. You have not played ESPN yet..you don't know that it is better.

I am a disappointed Madden player willing to give ESPn a shot this year but let's wait till ESPN is out.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:24 AM   #13
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

2 different games. 2 different approaches. 2 stellar products. That's what it comes down to. I think it's pointless to claim one is "better" than the other. They can split categories down the middle and come out even IMO. If 2k4 fixes the big gripes of 2k3, then all that will do is just offset the advancements made with owner's mode. Now, if FPM turns out as nice as it seems, then there's really going to be some debating...
Old 08-25-2003, 02:42 AM   #14
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
Pointless post. You have not played ESPN yet..you don't know that it is better.

I am a disappointed Madden player willing to give ESPn a shot this year but let's wait till ESPN is out.

There seems to be a lot of that going around these forums. Go SEGA!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:09 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Please VC doesn't have to do much to compete with the Owner mode in madden2004. You can't make a new stadium every year for the same franchise and setting prices and advertisement will get old too. People aren't disappointed with Madden because of the "owner mode" anyway. They're disappointed in the gameplay and presentation of Madden2004. The gameplay even with Playmaker is old and the Presentation is dry. Even thinking about how dry Madden's gameplay and presentation is makes me thirsty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2003, 06:56 AM   #16
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Please VC doesn't have to do much to compete with the Owner mode in madden2004. You can't make a new stadium every year for the same franchise and setting prices and advertisement will get old too. People aren't disappointed with Madden because of the "owner mode" anyway. They're disappointed in the gameplay and presentation of Madden2004. The gameplay even with Playmaker is old and the Presentation is dry. Even thinking about how dry Madden's gameplay and presentation is makes me thirsty

Ugh ........I wonder what you will say if people are disappointed with ESPN

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »