Home

Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions

This is a discussion on Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 01:33 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions

Aww man, Steve beat me... he's probably just keep on pressing the reload button on this thread so HE can answer all of them!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Aww man, Steve beat me... he's probably just keep on pressing the reload button on this thread so HE can answer all of them!

Well, he is the guy with the game. And things change since the demo.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #75
All Star

OVR: 32

This is a bit of a more open question...

One could argue that Madden's gameplay was geared more towards the "big play". How do you feel ESPN treats this issue?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #76
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Not following you.

Stat tracking as a whole for every team?? As in realistic results at the end of the season?? I haven't simmed any yet.

Here's an example:

1st Offensive play of the game...Kurt Warner completes a ten yard pass to Issac Bruce and Ray Lewis makes the tackle. You challenge the play and get the call in your favor. Kurt Warner's completion to Issac Bruce is now a nine yard catch with no first down. will the game correctly change the stats do to the ruling on the challenge?

Remember last year in 2k3 someone could have 9 pass thrown his way with 7 rec and 5 drops? Will the CPU correctly keep track of tcks for loss, punts <20, etc?

Thanks Steve

If you get a chance, can you sim a year and tell us what the end of the season stats look like (league leaders)
Old 08-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

One more question for ya Steve, Is it possible to get more yards after the catch on hook routes or are you pretty much done after catching the ball? From all the videos I've seen of wr coming back to the ball or stopping, they all seemed to get tackled right after catching the ball. The only time I've seen a wr gain more yards after a catch was on the deep ball.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:45 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

ZXLT said:

One could argue that Madden's gameplay was geared more towards the "big play". How do you feel ESPN treats this issue?

Thanks.

Good question I'd like to know as well.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #79
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:

ZXLT said:

Thanks.

On the "Pro" level I can honestly say the "BIG PLAY" is there. It's just sooooooooo easy to do anything. But switching it to "All-Pro" put that to rest. I think they put "Pro" as the default so all the kids can have fun w/ it, air it out, run for 200 yards, etc. "All-Pro" and more than likely the next level up is for the big boys. I can occasionally complete the long ball if I read a coverage right or my man gets by the safetey one on one. I guess it all depends on the way you play. I just don't see that "Big Play" but I do on occasion.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:52 PM   #80
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

Not following you.

Stat tracking as a whole for every team?? As in realistic results at the end of the season?? I haven't simmed any yet.

Here's an example:

1st Offensive play of the game...Kurt Warner completes a ten yard pass to Issac Bruce and Ray Lewis makes the tackle. You challenge the play and get the call in your favor. Kurt Warner's completion to Issac Bruce is now a nine yard catch with no first down. will the game correctly change the stats do to the ruling on the challenge?

Remember last year in 2k3 someone could have 9 pass thrown his way with 7 rec and 5 drops? Will the CPU correctly keep track of tcks for loss, punts <20, etc?

Thanks Steve

If you get a chance, can you sim a year and tell us what the end of the season stats look like (league leaders)

Ahhhh, ok....well, I can take a look when it happens again. Now that you have me curious.

The plan is to get to that tonight, but we all know how plans get sometimes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »