Home

Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions

This is a discussion on Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 01:24 PM   #65
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Our BETA ESPN NFL Football Impressions

Quote:

32570 said:
Hi Steve

This is me Tyrant.

Have it that u only played a small amount with ESPN and im sure u put alot more time into Madden. It might be early to tell, but which game delivers a better NFL experience?

I found Madden to be ok , but it has done in my opinion very little to improve its brand of football. I dont want to judge espn from its demo , so I was hoping u can give me some feedback.

Thank you
Tyrant21RDFL

I'm not going to compare the 2 games, but I will say this. The demo was just that, a demo. The full version is a lot more cleaner and the little bugs are ironed out. That demo version that was put out, from what I have heard, was the same 50% version we all played at E3. The demo was on "Pro" which is a cake walk on the Beta. Maybe if you could have bumped it to All - Pro in the demo, you could see more of what I'm talking about. Just remember the demo was just that, a demo of an older version of ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 01:25 PM   #66
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

Klue516 said:

Challenge system is awesome. I had questioned the spot of ball on 3rd and 10. The refs gave them a 1st down, but I thought it was a generous spot, so I threw the red flag. After further review, I was right!! I love it. Another time the ref ruled a fumble, when after further review it was an incomplete pass. The reactions of the coaches is pricless heh..... I've seen about 50/50 on reversals.

I'm sure you've seen them all by now. I like it tho.

Seems to be on by default now. But instead of pressing the direction before your pass, you kinda have to hit the pass button and then hit the direction you want to maximum pass too. I need to practice it a little more, I might have that backwards.

-Where any Team/Player statistics messed up by the challenge feature

-Does Stat tracking seem pretty accurate this year?

Not following you.

Stat tracking as a whole for every team?? As in realistic results at the end of the season?? I haven't simmed any yet.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:25 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm not sure how it is in real life either, but if you take up some yards on a run, lateral it to someone, and they run for a little while aswell, do both of them get their separate yards for what they ran, or does just the last guy get credited with all the yards?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:26 PM   #68
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
I'm not sure how it is in real life either, but if you take up some yards on a run, lateral it to someone, and they run for a little while aswell, do both of them get their separate yards for what they ran, or does just the last guy get credited with all the yards?

Honestly, I have no idea.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:28 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Steve_OS said:
Something Pennington won't have to worry about this year right Jets??

That was cold.

Do QB's sometimes take more time in the pocket, or move around more? Last year they would always get rid of it right when they finished with their drop, even with no one open.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:30 PM   #70
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

Steve_OS said:
Something Pennington won't have to worry about this year right Jets??

That was cold.

Do QB's sometimes take more time in the pocket, or move around more? Last year they would always get rid of it right when they finished with their drop, even with no one open.

Well, there tend to be more sacks this year, so they do hold onto the ball longer if nobody is open. Someone like Carr however, well, he seemed to panic a lot.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:31 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 14

I can answer this one for you Steve.

Yes, they do. If you've played the demo, they will often times do a pump fake, and sometimes drop back more... you will also see them sometimes scramble out of the pocket to throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2003, 01:32 PM   #72
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Steve_OS said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:

Challenge system is awesome. I had questioned the spot of ball on 3rd and 10. The refs gave them a 1st down, but I thought it was a generous spot, so I threw the red flag. After further review, I was right!! I love it. Another time the ref ruled a fumble, when after further review it was an incomplete pass. The reactions of the coaches is pricless heh..... I've seen about 50/50 on reversals.

I'm sure you've seen them all by now. I like it tho.

Seems to be on by default now. But instead of pressing the direction before your pass, you kinda have to hit the pass button and then hit the direction you want to maximum pass too. I need to practice it a little more, I might have that backwards.

-Where any Team/Player statistics messed up by the challenge feature

-Does Stat tracking seem pretty accurate this year?

Not following you.

Stat tracking as a whole for every team?? As in realistic results at the end of the season?? I haven't simmed any yet.

I think he's asking if the stats get corrected for a reversed call properly. Like if a fumble is ruled an incomplete, does the fumble and completion get erased and replaced with an incompletion...

As far as the lateral question goes, I THINK (I'm not sure anyone outside of an official NFL statastician knows) that if the lateral was intentional, it's considered a handoff, so the last runner will get all of the stats. However, it could also be considered yards in advancement of a fumble (loose ball).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »