Home

I'm Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL

This is a discussion on I'm Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 03:31 AM   #9
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: I\'m Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL

I ran across this posting at another Madden fan site.

The O line play is simply the worst I've ever seen in a football video game. EA makes all these claims about working with the NFL Coaches association to improve playbooks, but I can't for the life of me understand who the hell they talked to about programing the O line a.i. It is simply absurd.

Someone at EA seems to think the QB pocket is 2 yards deep. HEY EA, EVER HEARD OF A SEVEN STEP DROP??? A seven step drop is NINE yards, and it is quite common, especially with a 7 man protection scheme. If you're going to throw a 20 deep in or deep out, it is essential to drop that deep for timing purposes, but now you've got to spend your time in a two yard deep pocket, wondering if your TWO O lineman will pick a DE (this is unfortunately an all too legitimate concern, as they will likely just block air). Backs also have absolutley no ability to pick up a guy coming free either.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:40 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Oh is that ever so true, and are you ever so right.

ESPN Football did their poscket correctly... don't know what thsoe guys are talking about.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Oh is that ever so true, and are you ever so right.

ESPN Football did their poscket correctly... don't know what thsoe guys are talking about.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 09:28 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

LIGHTNING said:
I think that the pass rush in Madden 2004 is much like the real NFL where you only have a few seconds to spot and throw to an open receiver. It works both ways because the CPU quarterback also only has a few seconds to throw.

I am looking forward to ESPN NFL 2K4, but it is going to face some very tough competition this year.

The problem with madden 2004 isn't so much the quick rush. It is the fact the speed of the rush does not go at the same speed of WRs running their routes. What I mean is that the rush comes faster than a receiver can run his route and that is NOT realistic. WRs can easily run straight up at about the same speed but if there are any cuts/moves they do then everything is thrown out the window and the rush is coming way too fast...this has always been the case in madden but it is even more true with the increased speed of 2004. I have had cases where a WR does a break over the middle after running a measily 2 yards forward and in madden the WR isn't even in his break yet coming across the field by the time I have a normal pass rush...not a blitz but a NORMAL rush. That is messed up.

Oh and as was posted from that madden site, the pocket in 2004 is a joke. It is like a 2 maybe 3 yard deep pocket. Combine that with the too fast pass rush (with respect to the WR speed/route running) and you have a game that has some messed up play. People seem to think dropping back like 5-10 yards to make a pass is wrong but as that pasted post says, a real 7 yard drop is around 7-9 yards or so.

EA has always had issues with the passing game in madden and it is worse this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »