Home

Old 09-02-2003, 09:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How different from 2k3?

I have to vouch with everything classified posted, and that is just off the demo. However there are numerous sites, football-gaming.com is one of them and this one, that have a beta copy/early final copy of the game and have posted very positevly about it. If you go through and read the posts and answers you get the sense of a really great football game in the making, if not excellent.
The thing with 2k3 was that it was a rushed product, because the ESPN license was aquired rather late. A lot of work went into the presentation and the gameplay suffered some, okay more than some. But all the arrows point to a very polished game, one of the best ever. Visual Concepts has shown that if they are given enough time they make a great game, it might not have all the extras but is fun to play.
I also feel that the "Cheats" in Madden take away from the game, but everything else aobut it is fine. I just prefer the VC style instead because it is harder to beat. That and I hate playing Midget football!!! If you have never played a 2k game, you are getting 5 years of polish here and will love it. I enjoyed 2k3 even with the problems, espn will be even better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »