Home

wow, can you actually believe tomarrow is the last football friday?

This is a discussion on wow, can you actually believe tomarrow is the last football friday? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #9
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: wow, can you actually believe tomarrow is the last football friday

I can play against my brother or my friend who actually lives by me. I'm not making fun of anybody who plays online but I just want to know what's so great about it. I'm always hearing about people complaining about the cheaters.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:55 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

There are three big things that I want for PS2 online:

1) Voice communication thing...
2) When you press pause, they can't view your pause screen... you have your own.
3) You can't see who they are controlling on defense, and vice versa. Along with that, they can't see where you're kicking/punting that, and vice versa aswell.

They at least SHOULD be able to add 2 and 3.

Yeah, tomorrow's the last FF.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
I still don't get why everybody is obsessed with playing online. Well anyway nfl2k4 comes out in 6 days!

Online play is great because when you find someone who's not a cheeser it's like real football. You have to out think and out play your opponent. Personally when I win I'd rather beat someone than a machine. When playing the AI you can always just find a money play and it's hard to not just go back to that play when you really need it. When you play against talented people online they can stop it and will recoginze the play. It's just a completely different game online, a game that has unlimited replay value because every game is completely different. You can see how ever opponent does things differently, and that there are 100 different ways to use the same team. Basically the only areas that don't make online play better is that some people cheese and there's not always someone you know who will give you a good game online for you to play, where as the AI will always be there.

online sounds like fun, but untill college i'll be stuck playin against my friends and the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 08:05 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

I dabbled in online for a while and got tired of it. The fact is at the end of the day you are still playing a faceless entity. Plus all the hiccups involved with playing online (i.e. lag, cheesers, the fact that you won't even leave the house now to play other people) turned me off to the experience. I'd rather go over to a buddies house and play against each other. But hey to each his own I guess.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:35 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

Randor2000 said:
I dabbled in online for a while and got tired of it. The fact is at the end of the day you are still playing a faceless entity. Plus all the hiccups involved with playing online (i.e. lag, cheesers, the fact that you won't even leave the house now to play other people) turned me off to the experience. I'd rather go over to a buddies house and play against each other. But hey to each his own I guess.

Problem is when I play against friends I'm always the one winning. For them to give me competition I have to take the Bengals. My online experience is better than playing against friends, but that might change soon since I got some of my friends saying they'll buy the game.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:43 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

Problem is when I play against friends I'm always the one winning. For them to give me competition I have to take the Bengals. My online experience is better than playing against friends, but that might change soon since I got some of my friends saying they'll buy the game.

True, thats why my friends all wait till a game gets my "endorsement". Since I'm the one with no kids and time to hang around on OS. Then we all get the same game. Otherwise you are right, it becomes a rout every time.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:56 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Well I want to add one more negative to online play. Not all of us want to go online.

Here's my play style, play for 30 minutes, go watch a show, read the newspaper, play with the dog etc. I feel like I'm wasting my day if I set in front the TV for over an hour just to get in one game of football (NFL 2k3 took too long IMHO.

Plus I think the online play is letting the game designers let things slip. They will say oh well, online play will solve that problem.

Sure it's just like the real thing some of the time but what if we choose not to go online then we are left out.

And it's not all that fun to play in a league where the Bengals win the Super Bowl because that online player knew all the cheats or doens't have a life and plays that game all the time. Sometimes it's fun to play a franchise and see if the Portis is the best back in the league, see what vick could do if he didn't get injured. Or it would be fun if there was a game to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 08:59 PM   #16
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
I still don't get why everybody is obsessed with playing online. Well anyway nfl2k4 comes out in 6 days!

Online play is great because when you find someone who's not a cheeser it's like real football. You have to out think and out play your opponent. Personally when I win I'd rather beat someone than a machine. When playing the AI you can always just find a money play and it's hard to not just go back to that play when you really need it. When you play against talented people online they can stop it and will recoginze the play. It's just a completely different game online, a game that has unlimited replay value because every game is completely different. You can see how ever opponent does things differently, and that there are 100 different ways to use the same team. Basically the only areas that don't make online play better is that some people cheese and there's not always someone you know who will give you a good game online for you to play, where as the AI will always be there.

I find people online provides a better challenge,I mean how many times have you played the computer AI and they line up in a 4 wide receiver set and go deep on the very first play of the game,never,but playing, online you never know what the other person is thinking,so it keeps you on your toes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »