Home

2k4 Playbooks and other questions...

This is a discussion on 2k4 Playbooks and other questions... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1
2k4 Playbooks and other questions...

So I'm going to take the plunge and buy 2k4 for its franchise mode. I was wondering if creating a playbook from scratch in 2k4 is as time consuming as it is in 2k5... Can someone describe its pros and cons for me?

ALSO I love playing as the DE but I really blow at pass rushing. Does anyone have some advice on how to use spin/swim/club/rip effectively? What stats effect these moves? And what the hell is a "Rip" any way?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: 2k4 Playbooks and other questions...

the defensive ends in this game will actually do something. the line battles are a lot more ferocious, guys fall over more, and because of that, have more chance for injury. strength-aggression are very important, stamina is too. i don't recall how user controlling felt, but i think you could bull rush by tapping a and then doing other moves. the AI is more likely to take the sack instead of throwing tons of interceptions in this game.

2k4 was a very good game, its just graphically inferior to 2k5, and has quirky run physics
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Rookie

pants_face's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for the info! It should help when I'm deciding what player I want to use, draft, or cut. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of 2k4 in the mail...!

PS Do you suggest any particular sliders? I've read that perfect zeroes sliders are supposed to be good.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Banned

APF 2K8's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm thinking about buying 2k4 or 5 too so I can get a franchise mode going. But in the meantime I've been playing 2k8, and I must say, it is hands down the best sports game I've ever played. It's not even close. I had either 2k4 or 5, can't remember which one, and I remember it being very good, but I don't remember it being 2k8. 2k8 is unreal (or very real rather). I strongly suggest grabbing a copy for your 360/PS3 (I got mine last week at GS for 2.99) to compliment the franchise's you run on the last gen game. It's got fake teams and a one-season-only mode, but the gameplay is the most realistic feeling football game ever made. Like I said, it's really not even close.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pants_face
Thanks for the info! It should help when I'm deciding what player I want to use, draft, or cut. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of 2k4 in the mail...!

PS Do you suggest any particular sliders? I've read that perfect zeroes sliders are supposed to be good.
2k4 is great game! Better gameplay than 2k5, and also better draft/gm logic.

Try these sliders, they are one of the best:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tml#post733556

It's amazing, 9 years later and its more addictive than Madden 12/13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
I loved 2k4. I would say that is the first time I played a football game for an entire year. I played it all the way until the day 2k5 came out.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »