Home

Vikes Fans...Looks like they still got our purple wrong...AGAIN

This is a discussion on Vikes Fans...Looks like they still got our purple wrong...AGAIN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #49
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Vikes Fans...Looks like they still got our purple wrong...AGAIN

Check this out. Compare the avatar of Sleeper to the photo. Now compare it to the game. The way I understand it, the NFL and each team sends out style guides to developers. At least they did 5 years ago and I have NO reason to believe that's not changed. Considering the developers have ALL the details of each uniform early tells me that they get "official" info about how the colors should look. VC seems really good (and Thomas even mentioned that he had an artist that is OBSESSED with uniforms) at getting the uniforms right. So, you have to consider some things -

1. The Viking organization is color blind because that purple doesn't like a damned thing like purple. It's blue.
2. Consider the photo has MUCH different lighting than the game. I don't think the game can accurately replicate real lighting all that well.
3. Consider the changes in color you get because of the perspiration on the uniforms. Darkens them don't they.
4. Consider the source. One is a photo that can have MANY MANY effects on them and the other is a screen grab from a completely different video source.
5. It's quite possible that the style guide for the Vikings is off.

To the people that want to use this straw man as an excuse to not like the game, have it your way. I didn't know uniform colors effected DBs or blocking or trades or user records or online play that much...
Old 08-30-2003, 01:04 PM   #50
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Steve_OS said:
Come on guys, he never said he wasn't getting the game because of this. He was just pointing something out. Remember Mman was giving impressions of ESPN when he had the Beta a while back so give the man some slack.

Boiler did you read what Steve said? Why don't you go through the rest of the posts before you reply man. I don't care about team colors..bla bla bla... Uni's are uni's man, they should be right. If you're not a Vikes fan, again you don't care and this post isn't for you. I never said I won't buy the game, I just wish they'd get the ****** uni's the right color.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:41 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

If the only thing that's wrong in this game is a slight jersey ( couple of shades off) than we truly have a winner here.

I respect the thread starter for wanitn gthis accurate, but if you go to the fever 2004 forum or even have the game you would have just prayed for simulation football.

Ricky Willams getting stop on every 4th & 1, Richard gannon running linbackers over

ESPn football listens to thier fans if a couple of uni. shades are off this year next year they will be fixed, one thing I seriously doubt that no one can deny is that ESPn footbll will probably have the best gameplay this year

, peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #52
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope so...I pre-ordered it about 20 minutes ago at gamestop.....despite the lame shade of purple!
Old 08-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #53
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

At least they got the saints shade of black. Not to mention the gold uniforms are perfect.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:07 PM   #54
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
Check this out. Compare the avatar of Sleeper to the photo. Now compare it to the game. The way I understand it, the NFL and each team sends out style guides to developers. At least they did 5 years ago and I have NO reason to believe that's not changed. Considering the developers have ALL the details of each uniform early tells me that they get "official" info about how the colors should look. VC seems really good (and Thomas even mentioned that he had an artist that is OBSESSED with uniforms) at getting the uniforms right. So, you have to consider some things -

1. The Viking organization is color blind because that purple doesn't like a damned thing like purple. It's blue.
2. Consider the photo has MUCH different lighting than the game. I don't think the game can accurately replicate real lighting all that well.
3. Consider the changes in color you get because of the perspiration on the uniforms. Darkens them don't they.
4. Consider the source. One is a photo that can have MANY MANY effects on them and the other is a screen grab from a completely different video source.

To the people that want to use this straw man as an excuse to not like the game, have it your way. I didn't know uniform colors effected DBs or blocking or trades or user records or online play that much...

good post

Old 08-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #55
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

K_GUN said:
Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:

good post

not really... trying to say the Vikings uniforms in real life are wrong from the ones in a game because of the team colors?.... cmon now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 04:17 PM   #56
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

whatever haws

go spend your 50 bones on madden so you can have your purple

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »