Home

OMG ARE THEY SERIOUS?? They cant get an ad right!!!

This is a discussion on OMG ARE THEY SERIOUS?? They cant get an ad right!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2003, 07:45 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OMG ARE THEY SERIOUS?? They cant get an ad right!!!

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
I acutally think SEGA Sports made the whole game, and just got permission from ESPN to use their stuff, such as to help presentation, replay, and all around TV style matters.

I'm not that sure if they had some ESPN guys help them with anything... I bet that Chris Berman was the only real ESPN personnel to help out on this game.

Well...duh
Old 08-30-2003, 08:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I am pretty sure that ESPN really doesn't have anything to do with the game; if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

ESPN Videogames is as much an ESPN brand as ESPN The Magazine,Sportscenter and Playmakers. Last year it was merely a license deal. In June of this year it became more than a license deal,it became the new lineup of ESPN Videogames. When you go to ESPNvideogames.com you don't see a link to Sega Sports. You see a link to ESPN. When you preorder the game at espnvideogames.com you get offers to purchase non game related ESPN merchandise. When you go to ESPN and watch their commercials you see commercials for ESPN videogames,just as you see commercials for ESPN The Magazine and Playmakers.

Earlier this year Rick Allessandri,vice president of ESPN was speaking on behalf of Sega,regarding sales of the game vs Madden. If this weren't a partnership,do you think he would give a damn how the game sold?

ESPN may not be involved in the development process but ESPN are involved in other areas. Why do you think ESPN sent out an apology email for the Madden cartoon? If it were merely a licensing deal,why would ESPN care what type of marketing promoted the videogame? They care because this series of sports games forms the new ESPN Videogames brand and any marketing surrounding that series of games reflects on ESPN as a whole.

Old 08-30-2003, 08:47 PM   #11
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16

Ya and plus... it was the ESPN VIDEOGAMES SYMBOL, not the normal ESPN one

In other words, it said "Sega Sports" and then had a madden commercial
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »