Home

Where are the FPM haters now?

This is a discussion on Where are the FPM haters now? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 04:42 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Where are the FPM haters now?

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jistic said:
This topic should be revisited in a few months anyway. THen we can see if anybody is playing it anymore. I have a feeling that people will go back to old faithful eventually, but we won't know until then.

Old Faithful? what do you mean?

I mean the traditional camera view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 04:46 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

pgp said:
it was PC & Madden 64 (on nintendo 64). but, every review i've read in every magazine has stated FPM is just a gimmick. it looks ******** to me. matrix-mode meter is ridiculous. truth be told it's better to have something than nothing, and i'll give this mode a couple play-throughs, but after d/ling a bunch of videos of it and hearing impressions, don't expect it to turn out as anything more than a nice PR line for the game. i wish VC used some of the time wasted on FPM polishing franchise mode, ironing out bugs, getting the pro bowl helmet debacle FINALLY fixed, etc. oh well you can't have your cake and eat it too i guess

Again, I state, for the 2 people I know that have tried it and say its pretty good are the 2 persons whom have the final build, now if you dispute or repute it, check there question to "FPF" and then come forth with your drama, most mags, didn't have the final build so I take their review with a grain of salt. now these cats with the game and there passion for sports game, I will specificfically buy a game on there recomendation, not EGM, not gamers, not PSM and definately not you since you haven't played the game.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm truely excited about FPF especially running up the middle(through the holes) with my RB. It looks pretty intense and is a new challenge. Their will be people who absolutly love playing this way and those who can't handle it and quit claiming they can't see what's coming from the blind side. That's the beauty of this mode is that your vision is limited like how it would be if you were really playing football. FPF will be great.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:35 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

Klocker2 said:
Quote:

jistic said:
I have a feeling that people will go back to old faithful eventually, but we won't know until then.

That's probably true but more because of fear of failing and having to learn a NEW type of gameplay.

As has been told, the mode is not easy and takes some getting used to.

I'm certainly not predicting it to be a hit with the traditional NFL 2Kx crowd.

I'm saying people who like trying (and struggling through the challenge of trying something different) may like it.

It has nothing to do with a fear of failing. FPM isn't going to make me feel like I'm "really in the game." As long as there is a controller in my hand and I'm looking at a TV screen, I'm not feeling any closer to the game. When there is a VR system for a football game, then I'll be excited.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:45 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Ok I see tha the haters are still there. Even if you feel like you won't like the mode, I don't see how it is a gimmick. Had they not worked hard on it and half-assed ti just to promote it, then it could be called a gimmick. However, we have people with the game saying that VC executed it very well. It won't be perfect this year and it won't make me stop playing from a bird's eye view, but next year it'll be great.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:54 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Honestly, I'm hyped about this mode. When I first heard about the mode, I was partially dissapointed, but after seeing vids and hearing impressions of it, I'm excited to play it. OXM raved about this mode, and said it was amazing. I'm definetely not going to judge this mode before I play it, but this mode will be one of my number one priorities when I first get the game...
Old 08-31-2003, 09:40 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

frina said:
Brittney kissing Madonna was a gimmick. This is a mode of play and VC thinking somewhat out of the box. I am not buying the game because of FPM, but I will have as much fun with it as possible.

The difference here is that.. I enjoyed watching Britney kiss Madonna alot more...

I really hope this FP stuff works. I have seen it 3-4 times before and it never has worked..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 09:56 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

I'm glad to see that at least about 50% or so of the people around here have an open mind. I'm guessing that some of the same people who are looking forward to FP have also tried (or will try) Fever's new R&L and Trigger passing systems. Personally, I've had enough of the same old..and am looking forward to some change. (Just so long as that change doesn't involve setting the price of my stadium concessions, and instead has something to do with what goes on down on the playing field.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »