Home

What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

This is a discussion on What is going to push ESPN Football over madden? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 06:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

true.

but I thought he meant push over Madden as in overall better game for the the hardcore football vide game maniacs?

I wasn't th inking sales wise.. that wont happen until Madden rapes someone or dies..

Old 08-31-2003, 06:56 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

The only thing VC needs is some way to break this trance Madden has over the people who play it. I think if VC keep putting out demos from now on it will help de-program some of these Madden zombies.

IMO ESPN has the best gameplay. The best sound. The best visuals. The best head to head play. The best online play. The best atmosphere. Madden had the best extras until this season. The only thing that Madden has left is that weak "owner" mode. I thought it was good at first but since you can't build a new stadium and/or move every year what good is it? Madden is just old dry.

Madden has the lowest and weakest animations out of all the football games. The commentary makes you want to hang yourself so it will stop. The gameplay AI is straight booty. It's the complete opposite of fun or excitement. I'm still trying to figure out why people still like it.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:11 PM   #11
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

The only thing VC needs is some way to break this trance Madden has over the people who play it. I think if VC keep putting out demos from now on it will help de-program some of these Madden zombies.

IMO ESPN has the best gameplay. The best sound. The best visuals. The best head to head play. The best online play. The best atmosphere. Madden had the best extras until this season. The only thing that Madden has left is that weak "owner" mode. I thought it was good at first but since you can't build a new stadium and/or move every year what good is it? Madden is just old dry.

Madden has the lowest and weakest animations out of all the football games. The commentary makes you want to hang yourself so it will stop. The gameplay AI is straight booty. It's the complete opposite of fun or excitement. I'm still trying to figure out why people still like it.

Maybe it's because everyone isn't you, O great sportsgeist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 09:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

KuruptionOwnz said:
What is different in Franchise mode, that will push it over Madden?

-Gameplay (Maybe, but they need to make somthing for diehard sim fans.)

I don't think Gameplay is a maybe. Thats a "for sure" or a "Fa Sho". lol!

I think VC will deepen Franchise Mode next year since there appears to be a solid gameplay engine in place. They'll have more polished gameplay(possibly new gameplay features) AND a deeper Franchise Mode in ESPN2k5 though.

Thats pretty damn scary. Especially for the folks at EA/Tiburon.

Hmm...that sounds a lot like what Madden did...Got a good gameplay engine in place, and since then they've just polished it each year and deepened franchise mode...And now it's boring to play...Let's hope VC doesn't stick to that formula, or else a few years down the road, you'll be bored with this game too...
Old 08-31-2003, 09:16 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

Create a Team.

Just kidding. Actually, it will be the atmosphere...guys on the sideline, ESPN overlays, and (listen up EA) music and crowd shots when you score a TD. In Madden, there is a guy dancing and that is about it. To me, atmosphere is huge...the difference betwen playing a game and being in a game.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:35 PM   #14
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Face it folks. Any game that wants to topple the Madden empire will have to do ALL of anything anyone could think of:

1. Have an OBVIOUSLY better game.
2. Madden will have to suck.
3. Advertise like crazy anyway they can afford to.
4. Get the game in people's hands.

And most importantly!!!
5. Stay in the game long enough for all of this to take effect.

Period.

Now who ready to throw away the internal combustion engine!?!?
Old 08-31-2003, 10:40 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 14

I'd like to thank some of you for letting me know that I am A) stupid and B) "in a trance" for liking Madden.

I swear I don't know if its funny or pathetic (probably both, though) how much it bothers some of you on here that people like Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 10:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Being a gamestop store manager who have witnessed the sales for my particular store I can say that Madden is not having the breakthrough sales that alot of our stores were banking on. It had that first initial rush at release but we have had more complaints/returns on this year's version than any year prior. Many gamers are tired of Madden whether people can believe that or not & people are becoming aware that there is another quality football title out there. At one time you could say Madden & EVERYONE would say ok now it's like WE GOT MADDEN & people will ask when the other titles are coming out. This year is gonna be real interesting during the holiday season because if ESPN turns out to be as good as people believe then alot of Madden faithful are gonna be shocked when the actual sale tallies are closer than expected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »