Home

What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

This is a discussion on What is going to push ESPN Football over madden? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 10:53 PM   #17
Rookie

JazzX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

Quote:

CheckMate said:
I'd like to thank some of you for letting me know that I am A) stupid and B) "in a trance" for liking Madden.

I swear I don't know if its funny or pathetic (probably both, though) how much it bothers some of you on here that people like Madden.

I think they're talking about the people who refuse to play/buy anything but Madden.

I remember one year showing an uncle of mine (who has been playing Madden for years) one of the 2k games and he absolutely loved it. When I went to visit him later, guess which game he bought. (It was Madden, for the slightly slow ) When I asked him why he didn't get 2k, he basically said "Well I've stuck with Madden for so long, why change now." That's what they are talking about.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:12 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

I wonder what Maddenites or football gamers altogether will do when SEGA's game passes EA's. It will be so great to see how many people come to this side!

I think people follow the greater sales though... that doesn't exactly make sense though because then that will lead to more sales, and if ESPN had more for a while then we would... ah forget it.

Does anyone here know which game had more pre-order hype?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:22 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

I wonder what Maddenites or football gamers altogether will do when SEGA's game passes EA's. It will be so great to see how many people come to this side!

This side? Sounds more like something you would see on a Star Wars forum. They are video games not the choice of good or evil there Darth.

People tend to forget Madden is on the PC, GBA and Gamecube and eventually on the N-Gauge. Sega has no chance passing Madden by only being on the Xbox and PS2. Let alone outselling Madden on those two consoles head to head in this generation of those consoles.

Old 09-01-2003, 03:11 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd love to see a PC version of ESPN Football sometime in the future. Of course, I'd probably need a much more higher end PC by the time such things come about. If they ever do decide to go that route, of course!
Old 09-01-2003, 04:42 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

CheckMate said:
I'd like to thank some of you for letting me know that I am A) stupid and B) "in a trance" for liking Madden.

I swear I don't know if its funny or pathetic (probably both, though) how much it bothers some of you on here that people like Madden.

If you are even entertaining the thought of owning ESPN or even have owned a copy of 2K then I'm not talking about you. That wouldn't quailfy you as being in a trance or even brainwashed. If calling Madden fans brainwashed or in a trance will help someone try another football game then I've done my job. It doesn't even have to be ESPN just as long as they play another football game. I don't care if it hurts someone's ego or not. I'll still sleep like a baby at night.

Now the part about being stupid is on you. I don't recall saying Madden fans were stupid. Maybe blindly enamoured but not stupid. I would never call someone stupid but if that's what you came up with reading between the lines then thats what you may feel deep inside. I don't think the people who like Madden are stupid but I believe the people at EA do. Let's make our game easy enough so people who have no clue about pro football and it's strategies can play it and win. Our game and it's gameplay can't speak for itself let's mislead people and put on the cover that it's "The #1 selling pro football franchise". EA is not misleading people by saying it's the best selling but Hoping people will associate best selling with best playing. Also making poeple think the people who like the "other" footabll games are wrong because if it was better it would be selling more copies.

I do have a problem because ESPN has to be perfect 2 times over and have absolutely no bugs at all for anybody to even think about playing it. When on the other hand Madden can have inferior AI, gameplay and crawling with bugs and people can live with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 06:12 AM   #22
All Star

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

CheckMate said:

If you are even entertaining the thought of owning ESPN or even have owned a copy of 2K then I'm not talking about you. That wouldn't quailfy you as being in a trance or even brainwashed. If calling Madden fans brainwashed or in a trance will help someone try another football game then I've done my job. It doesn't even have to be ESPN just as long as they play another football game. I don't care if it hurts someone's ego or not. I'll still sleep like a baby at night.

Now the part about being stupid is on you. I don't recall saying Madden fans were stupid. Maybe blindly enamoured but not stupid. I would never call someone stupid but if that's what you came up with reading between the lines then thats what you may feel deep inside. I don't think the people who like Madden are stupid but I believe the people at EA do. Let's make our game easy enough so people who have no clue about pro football and it's strategies can play it and win. Our game and it's gameplay can't speak for itself let's mislead people and put on the cover that it's "The #1 selling pro football franchise". EA is not misleading people by saying it's the best selling but Hoping people will associate best selling with best playing. Also making poeple think the people who like the "other" footabll games are wrong because if it was better it would be selling more copies.

I do have a problem because ESPN has to be perfect 2 times over and have absolutely no bugs at all for anybody to even think about playing it. When on the other hand Madden can have inferior AI, gameplay and crawling with bugs and people can live with that.

I don't think my post mentions anything about "sportsgeist said all this stuff", so apparently the "Madden fans are stupid" reference wasn't about you if you didn't post it, .

I didn't realize that it was your job to make people try other games. Maybe you should hold seminars or an infomercial. Maybe you should hold a rally outside gaming stores nationwide

Again, I don't know if it's more funny or more pathetic how much some of you actually care what games people are playing. It is just a game.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:24 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

If it's just a game then why comment on anything being posted as being pathetic. You're pretty much including everybody who read and post at these and other forums. Which BTW includes you. Pathetic isn't it.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:30 AM   #24
All Star

Uhh, no dice bud. Let me repeat and emphasize what I've said twice already. I don't know if its more funny or more pathetic how much some of you actaully care about what games people are playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »