Home

What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

This is a discussion on What is going to push ESPN Football over madden? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2003, 06:47 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

Let me repeat how pathetic it is for people to comment on posts they think are pathetic. Now how pathetic is that. Seems pretty pathetic to me. I'm sure other people here will think it's pathetic too. Is there even anything lower than pathetic? I mean I get the part about this being pathetic that we sit here and talk about games on a forum where we talk about games. I don't get the part where you don't think you're included in that and you don't realize you called yourself pathetic. Or is my 6 graded learneded too low to ondarsthand all thes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #26
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

cbluejays said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

KuruptionOwnz said:
What is different in Franchise mode, that will push it over Madden?

-Gameplay (Maybe, but they need to make somthing for diehard sim fans.)

I don't think Gameplay is a maybe. Thats a "for sure" or a "Fa Sho". lol!

I think VC will deepen Franchise Mode next year since there appears to be a solid gameplay engine in place. They'll have more polished gameplay(possibly new gameplay features) AND a deeper Franchise Mode in ESPN2k5 though.

Thats pretty damn scary. Especially for the folks at EA/Tiburon.

Hmm...that sounds a lot like what Madden did...Got a good gameplay engine in place, and since then they've just polished it each year and deepened franchise mode...And now it's boring to play...Let's hope VC doesn't stick to that formula, or else a few years down the road, you'll be bored with this game too...

lol! Madden's Gameplay engine was never good. And VC is too agressively Gamplay-focused to let ESPNFL suffer the same fate as the Madden series. Plus First Person Mode has LOTS of potetnial. The ESPN Partnership License is ever evolving. Man..bottomline. VC is NOT EA/Tiburon, who will likely push out the same ol Madden next year unless they scrap the current engine which ain't gonna happen. Especially with the PS3 and XBOx2 launch coming up soon (2005). Also, the PS3 and XBox2 are exactly why I doubt many espnfl Fans will get bored with the series "a Few years down the road" lol!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:05 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Stupid Maddenites would say, "But this game VASTLY improved

what the hell is a MADDENITE?
Old 09-01-2003, 11:42 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Madden has to have a horriable version before ESPN can take over..!!

I could pick a number of years where that has already happened with the Madden series leaning towards the horrible side, lol.

The only thing that will put another Football franchise over EA even on just one system is if a new system is released and EA does'nt have a Football game available at launch. That happened with the PS-1 launch which opened the door for GameDay to be king for a little while. Of course, those days are long gone and likely never to return again for the GameDay franchise, LOL.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:11 PM   #29
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

bdoughty said:
Quote:

I wonder what Maddenites or football gamers altogether will do when SEGA's game passes EA's. It will be so great to see how many people come to this side!

This side? Sounds more like something you would see on a Star Wars forum. They are video games not the choice of good or evil there Darth.

People tend to forget Madden is on the PC, GBA and Gamecube and eventually on the N-Gauge. Sega has no chance passing Madden by only being on the Xbox and PS2. Let alone outselling Madden on those two consoles head to head in this generation of those consoles.

Add that to the list...
Old 09-01-2003, 12:19 PM   #30
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

CFL2K4 said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:

I could pick a number of years where that has already happened with the Madden series leaning towards the horrible side, lol.

The only thing that will put another Football franchise over EA even on just one system is if a new system is released and EA does'nt have a Football game available at launch. That happened with the PS-1 launch which opened the door for GameDay to be king for a little while. Of course, those days are long gone and likely never to return again for the GameDay franchise, LOL.

That was HUGE. You can bet that if ANY hardware comes out, EA will be on it JUST because VC COULD be on it - they will never again take a "wait-and-see" approach with any hardware like they've done in the past. I think Madden fans and hardware vendors should be grateful that there is competition now.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:12 PM   #31
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

CFL2K4 said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:

The Madden Franchise hasn't had a run like The NBA Live series or the old Triple Play when they floped!! Thats when Sega/ESPN will jump ahead!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 07:44 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

hukarez said:
I'd love to see a PC version of ESPN Football sometime in the future. Of course, I'd probably need a much more higher end PC by the time such things come about. If they ever do decide to go that route, of course!

HELL YAH!!! I know a lot of ppl who would buy it , including myself. I only have a PC (consoles bore me after a few months it seems)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »