Home

What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

This is a discussion on What is going to push ESPN Football over madden? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #41
Rookie

roadpimp's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is going to push ESPN Football over madden?

The game is only a day away now i just wanna play some espn football even though i have madden havent played it in the last two days i am busy with soul calibur 2 and otogi but all i can think about is espn football i will embrace the game like a thick black woman madden aint on my ***** aint on my mind but it will be tonight but i just wanna play some ball i dont wanna play with my balls i just wanna play some espn football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 08:34 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

roadpimp said:
The game is only a day away now i just wanna play some espn football even though i have madden havent played it in the last two days i am busy with soul calibur 2 and otogi but all i can think about is espn football i will embrace the game like a thick black woman madden aint on my ***** aint on my mind but it will be tonight but i just wanna play some ball i dont wanna play with my balls i just wanna play some espn football

YOU ANIMAL!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 08:52 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

...well. I got the 'ESPN' part!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:35 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 10

Nothing will push espn over madden. This is like arguing about pepsi versus coke. I love football, and I would consider myself to be very well versed on the game. I love madden this year. For all the negative things people say about Madden being a " Newbies Game", I guarantee if you gave me 2k4 for two weeks, I could come up with a laundry list of complaints about how "unrealistic" it is.Why do you guys care so much about more people liking Espn than Madden?As far as your complaints about Maddens graphics dont worry.EA is fine tuning the dynasty and gameplay for the next batch of consoles. I would bet anything that with the cash EA has, that the graphics on the next console(Ps3, X-box2, etc.) are going to be absolutely amazing. Do you remember the first time you saw madden on ps2? Regardless of what anyone says, I was blown away.Does all of this mean that ESPN wont be good? No! It may very well be great. Im just saying that holding one brand over another brand blindly is worthless. I love segas basketball and hockey games. So relax, ESPN will probably never outsell Madden, but who cares, as long as they keep making it.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:15 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 1

You guys are missing the point. It's not necessarily the gameplay, it's the Marketing and Old home feel. Madden first appeared in 1989. It changed the way sports games were made. It add features and NFL licenses over the years. It has the name of a Super Bowl winning coach who is broadcasting games every week....a built-in Marketing tool. Love him or hate him, Madden knows football. EA has gone to great pains to build relationships with Athletes. It is the BRAND of game 95% of pro athletes play. I want to be like Mike...make plays EASPORTS. Sega's B-Ball may have been better, it was trounced in sales by NBA Live last year. EA will do something innovative, which gets people hyped, (playmaker, freestyle) and not change much else. It is enough because people know they wll have familiar gameplay. Madden is basically the same in control scheme since Madden 92. Live evolved from Lakers vs. Celtics...the first game with NBA license. Everyone remembers Bulls vs. Blazers, Bulls vs. Lakers. Name means alot. Why buy a new franchise when I can get tried and true, that will be aleast on par or better than the competition? Sega has realized that they will never beat Madden (Sept 2 release date), so they will try to carve out their niche in a huge sports market. There is no shame in being #2 in the sports game market (sales). Sometimes size matters, and EA is the 800 lb Ape.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #46
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree with Scarface but what is real silly when people act like you slapped your mother for playing a Non EA game. I asked this guy today who I play Madden online against if he checked out ESPn or heard about how good it was looking, he said with no hesitation I only play EA games. Its like a brainwashed cult or something. I just want the best game for my prefrences if that game so happens to be your brand of football cool, but some people dont want to even believe that there could be another quality game out there. I don't care if ESPN outsells Madden I just want them to sell enough to make a profit so they can make another version.

PS
You know they something is wrong when people rush to defend a video game they play by screaming out my game sells more copies than yours
(This is directed to no one in paticular just my thoughts)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »