Home

Anyone else going to use a create a team in ESPN Football?

This is a discussion on Anyone else going to use a create a team in ESPN Football? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2003, 09:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Anyone else going to use a create a team in ESPN Football?

Ever since Madden 2002 when they introduced using a created team in franchise (which All Star Baseball does really well too by the way) I have always used a created team in the sports games I play. Just curious if I am the only one. I guess I like the fact that I can take a bunch of scrubs and see how long it is until I win the Super Bowl (they may lose but they are MY scrubs). So, if anyone else used created teams, let me know and tell me your experiences and what you are looking forward to with CAT in ESPN NFL Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Anyone else going to use a create a team in ESPN Football?

Not for me... however I WILL create myself as a ILB. It's most fun to be them, and you can't be cheap like if you create yourself on offense and give yourself the most attempts (notice I didn't say yardage, because that's not necessarily true).

Actually, I don't mind creating a team, and I would do it... but I wish you could do three things:

1) Make it a draft so that you don't have the OPTION to choose the best players, and it's not as challenging. It's more fun that way.

2) If the stadiums the game had for created teams were better. Lots of them made me puke, and all of them were arenas and domes. I didn't like that.

3) If you could choose your own colors. I mean I don't really mind the logo, but most of the colors for the teams are orange, or yellow, or lime green. I wish you could make your own colors, and the stadium uses your colors in specific areas (like they do with jerseys when you create players and make things "TEAM COLOR").

Otherwise, I don't think I will create a team. Fun feature at times, but it definitely won't be my first choice as a team for a franchise.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:17 PM   #3
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Say, in Create-a-Player, does anyone know if you can edit their hairstyle. I haven't seen anything in the vids. That would really suck if I created myself and I turned out having a mullet or male pattern baldness. Which is worse?
Old 08-31-2003, 10:44 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

This is a feature I NEVER use in any game.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Say, in Create-a-Player, does anyone know if you can edit their hairstyle. I haven't seen anything in the vids. That would really suck if I created myself and I turned out having a mullet or male pattern baldness. Which is worse?

I don't know, but I suggest you go to someone like Ricky Williams, and edit his physical appearance to see which face (or hairstyle if they have that feature) has the mullet option if you can't find it already.

Oh, and don't worry, they won't automatically make you bald or anything... you just gotta make sure that you look at the face (front and back).

Have they added the feature where you can rotate your created player while creating him this time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 11:40 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

If it's not as glitchy as last years.

I'm playing 1 season with the 49ers 1st then I'll create a team and do a fantasy draft in franchise mode.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:16 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Ever since seeing "The Longest Yard" I've always made a convict team in Create-a-team mode.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #8
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks muffin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »