Home

Does FPM have to be perfect this year?

This is a discussion on Does FPM have to be perfect this year? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2003, 05:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does FPM have to be perfect this year?

Remember this is the first insallment.

As a short qb that has played HS and Pop Warner football on some good and very very bad teams. It may give you a perspective that most people never had before because they never played organized football.

From QB view:
Blind side really hurt!! There is a very good reason they are called that. You have to feel or hear them coming to survive many of them. If you focus on watching your lineman
you won't set properly and make bad throws. The sound settings should be you hear onfield players close to you yelling. I never played with 60000 people yelling so that could be crazy.

Unlike video game views you don't get to look at the field from high up. Unless you are real tall can't always see your recievers. Lineman have to give you lanes and you have to have enough vision. If you ever shot at a moving target you know you have to throw where they will be. Plus over some people. That's why I love max passing.

I hope the replay camera angles work so you can see what you missed. I hated monday film days. Also I hope recievers come to huddle and say I was wide open.

I'm looking forward to this again without the pain. lol

Someday they will make a controler that gives you real pain instead of that little shake.

Sega is trying to let you experience this for real don't down them if it is not perfect yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 06:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Does FPM have to be perfect this year?

I think it does. It will need to be perfect so it helps the overall review scores. If anything is wrong Maddenites will jump on it like a 200lbs. 10 year old after a bag of donuts.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I will be trying it out. Plus you have to give Sega a thumbs up for always trying something new. A lot of people are downing this mode, but I would say if people would try it and not get frustrated with it too early, they might actually enjoy it. Sometimes change is good, and this being its first year for Sega, means it can only get better for this mode if they choose to keep it in. Just imagine if this was always the default mode we played in for years. Then Sega came out with 3rd person view football. They would get bashed by a lot of people. So either way they lose.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

There's one thing that you can never perfect though on a TV, and that's peripheral vision. They will someday make a little VR thingy for you in FPM so that you are controlling in that, and you just use your controller otherwise, but that would be REALLY cool if they could give us a VR thing... then you could REALLY see Sapp coming straight at you and knocking you flat.

Don't get me wrong, they probably did the best bird's eye view they could make on a TV, but until they give us a virtual reality perspective, their peripheral vision on a TV can't get better.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:21 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

I never could understand the whole peripheral vision argument. Strap on a helmet sometime and how much do you see? The right joystick does control your head to the left or to the right, does it not? To me, this better reflects reality than being able to see the whole field like in the traditional 3rd person perspective.

What I like about it most is it will force you to focus on your assignment more. For example, if you're controlling a LB and the play called has you responsible for the RB coming out of the backfield, your eyes are going to be on him and trying to make a play if he gets the ball. If the ball goes somewhere else, you have the option of switching to the nearest defender and, after using some bullet-time slo mo, taking over from there. If it's not great this year (and from early indications, it just might be very good this year), I can't wait to see how they improve it for next season. That's my take anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
I never could understand the whole peripheral vision argument. Strap on a helmet sometime and how much do you see?

Exactly, there is no such thing as peripheral vision (for the most part) with a helmet on.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:30 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
I never could understand the whole peripheral vision argument. Strap on a helmet sometime and how much do you see? The right joystick does control your head to the left or to the right, does it not? To me, this better reflects reality than being able to see the whole field like in the traditional 3rd person perspective.

What I like about it most is it will force you to focus on your assignment more. For example, if you're controlling a LB and the play called has you responsible for the RB coming out of the backfield, your eyes are going to be on him and trying to make a play if he gets the ball. If the ball goes somewhere else, you have the option of switching to the nearest defender and, after using some bullet-time slo mo, taking over from there. If it's not great this year (and from early indications, it just might be very good this year), I can't wait to see how they improve it for next season. That's my take anyways.

Exactyly,, I can not wait to play FPM.....
Old 09-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Since it is a mode do both players have to use it online?
Can Multi players play on same team?
Will it support link play so you can have football parties?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »