Home

XBOX Online League Rumors. How did this start?

This is a discussion on XBOX Online League Rumors. How did this start? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
XBOX Online League Rumors. How did this start?

Where did this whole XBOX Online league rumor get started?

Why would anyone think they are going to be included if VC/Sega has not said anything, one way or the other, about them?

I would love if it were true and it was in there, but wouldnt they be marketing the hell out of it for BOX like they are for PS2? At least include a one-liner about them?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 04:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: XBOX Online League Rumors. How did this start?

VC hasn't exactly been very descriptive about online play on the PS2 either...most of the details have been gathered from screenshots.

Evidence for the Xbox having leagues is as follows:

1. Numerous previews that talk about both versions having similiar online options
2. Screenshots that appear to be from the Xbox version showing online league interfaces
3. Xbox-specific reviews like TechTV's online print review that mention that the Xbox version has online leagues
4. The fact that despite that some people have said, VC has not clearly come out and said the Xbox version would not have online leagues

Add this all up, and there's probably still a better chance that it will be PS2 only, but in any case, it's enough to raise doubt.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

RatBastard said:
Where did this whole XBOX Online league rumor get started?

Why would anyone think they are going to be included if VC/Sega has not said anything, one way or the other, about them?

I would love if it were true and it was in there, but wouldnt they be marketing the hell out of it for BOX like they are for PS2? At least include a one-liner about them?

Because Xbox owners are reaching for straws in the hope there are Xbox leagues. Which is highly unlikely imo.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Offering the above evidence is not grasping at straws, it's attempting to rationally show reasonable doubt.

I would say it's unlikely, but not highly unlikely.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

IMO its highly unlikely for the following reasons:

1) First and foremost, VC never mentioned the Xbox in FF. They had plenty of time to issue a second announcement if they just forgot it in the original announcement.

2) The pictures on Gamespot are the exact same ones that are listed on this site, yet they are listed only in the PS2 section here. Given Gamespots history of mixing console screenshots up, and the fact that I trust Steve much more than the goofs at Gamespot, I cant help but be convinced that Gamespot messed up, not OS.

3) Ive heard a couple times "Look the interface is green! It must be Xbox!" Well, ESPN.Com's interface has been green for a couple of years now. It is the exact same template that the regular NFL section uses, so the fact that it is green really doesnt mean much.

4) The register function at ESPNvideogames is still down, so there is no way to actually sign in and see whats in there. Couple that with the fact that FF was only 3 days ago and any review that was written before then really is irrelevant because they didnt even know about online leagues before then. If online leagues had not been announced yet, both the Xbox and PS2 versions do have similar online functions.

There are only a couple days left until we know for sure, and all of this can be settled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 05:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would love it if there were online leagues, but I dont think that will happen.

That does not mean that they cannot add it later though... I hope.

Old 09-01-2003, 05:11 PM   #7
MVP

I think its probably a better chance to hope its added later rather than hope it ships with a league set up in place. I really wish it had online leagues, now I guess Ill have to buy both versions.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

proof that Gamestop mixes up screen shots.....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/n....html?page=188

look at the "Awards" option on this screen. you use the black and white buttons to manipulate this option. case closed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »