Home

Old 09-01-2003, 06:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A Grand Idea

I got this idea while watching the Palmer interview. I think that you should have to earn more plays in your playbook. i.e. If you have a rookie QB you have to go thru the season and make good plays to get more plays. Such as in real live watching Palmer interview he didnt even know how to say the names of some plays. I dont know exactly how it should work but i think experience should finally count for something in the game. Wat do yall think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A Grand Idea

Not a bad idea. I think that there's a lot of things that they could implement as far as playbooks are concerned. Your AI coaches could prepare a playbook for each opponent based on your gameplan suggestions, that sort of thing. I'm not sure if I would like the playbook being limited, but it does add another element to the realism.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

deanmachine said:
I got this idea while watching the Palmer interview. I think that you should have to earn more plays in your playbook. i.e. If you have a rookie QB you have to go thru the season and make good plays to get more plays. Such as in real live watching Palmer interview he didnt even know how to say the names of some plays. I dont know exactly how it should work but i think experience should finally count for something in the game. Wat do yall think?

That's actually a pretty damn good idea.

I think an idea like that would open the door for an RPG-styled mode in a football game where you would be a single player and follow through his career development.

One of the biggest reasons why rookies struggle is because they don't understand the full playbook, and limiting the plays would certainly force you to be limited on the field which is very realistic if put into a RPG career mode.

Maybe this should be put up in a wishlist for next year.

Great idea.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

That is a good idea. If you have a rookie or backup QB in the game, maybe they could make it so that some of your playbook is grayed out until you rack up some more experience. Then the coach (i.e., you) could open up some of the rest of the playbook later in the season.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
Rookie

roadpimp's Arena

OVR: 3

Great Idea but nothing like that will ever happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

roadpimp said:
Great Idea but nothing like that will ever happen

Oh it will...
Old 09-01-2003, 08:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

deanmachine said:

That's actually the case for 'Front Office Football 4' and what not. Veteran QBs with more experience studying the book end up knowing all sorts of formations, while fresh out of college folks know a very limited amount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »