Home

Old 09-01-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
This is getting too old.

I work on ATM machines for a living, so I am in this store working on their ATM. I am sitting there waiting on this machine to boot up and come onliine. I look beside me and todays USA Today newspaper was sitting there so I start browsing through it, and see an article on football videogames. The article was fairly big and it mentioned all the football games that came out this year except ESPN Football. There was a section talking about players faces, it stated that they are now very realistic. But no mention of ESPN, and in my opinion they have the best faces. The article also spoke about a few other things but never once in the whole article it mentioned ESPN Football.

I know it is just a game, but things like this are happening all the time to Sega's football game. Its just sad that it is such a great game (been playing the Demo and I love it) that gets no love.

I mean all the casual gamers that will read that article, mostly parents will not even know ESPN Football is even out. The article kept hyping Madden, and spoke highly of Fever and Gameday. But no mention of ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: This is getting too old.

Quote:

BKAraujo said:
I work on ATM machines for a living, so I am in this store working on their ATM. I am sitting there waiting on this machine to boot up and come onliine. I look beside me and todays USA Today newspaper was sitting there so I start browsing through it, and see an article on football videogames. The article was fairly big and it mentioned all the football games that came out this year except ESPN Football. There was a section talking about players faces, it stated that they are now very realistic. But no mention of ESPN, and in my opinion they have the best faces. The article also spoke about a few other things but never once in the whole article it mentioned ESPN Football.

I know it is just a game, but things like this are happening all the time to Sega's football game. Its just sad that it is such a great game (been playing the Demo and I love it) that gets no love.

I mean all the casual gamers that will read that article, mostly parents will not even know ESPN Football is even out. The article kept hyping Madden, and spoke highly of Fever and Gameday. But no mention of ESPN.

Stuff like that gets on my nerves too, especially when the media praises an aspect of a game like Madden when ESPN does that aspect FAR, FAR better, i.e. Player faces/Models (commentary, atmosphere, detail.... Feel free to stop me anytime....).

But you have to blame that on marketing. A good enough job is not being done to make some of the 'casual' media aware of the merits that ESPN has.

Maybe that will change in time.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

BKAraujo said:

I read that too. It listed Madden, Fever, and even Gameday, but no ESPN.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:20 PM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

I hear what you're saying ,but all of the other games are out so I guess they based the article on games that are already out,next year Sega needs to be ready to release their game a little earlier.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Mrcabone said:
I hear what you're saying ,but all of the other games are out so I guess they based the article on games that are already out,next year Sega needs to be ready to release their game a little earlier.

Agreed. Sega should have released their game last week. They are releasing it too late this year. All of the football games are out except theirs. The novelty of a new football game has already worn off of the general public by now. The hardcore will eat this game up, but for the uninformed, it's just another new football game. With that said, I can't wait to get my hands on it on Wednesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 07:33 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 32

They didn't only talk about football games though. They discussed some other sports games as well. No mention of any of Sega's games though.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Read it too. Here's a link.

USA TODAY

You know you guys can always drop an email to USA Today and let them know that their article is incomplete.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

WOW!!! USA Today is a [censored you naughty boy] piece of [censored you naughty boy] [censored you naughty boy] what a [censored you naughty boy] [censored you naughty boy] you mother [censored you naughty boy] little inconsiderate [censored you naughty boy] [censored you naughty boy]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL if only I could say that to my parents for not letting me play games on weekdays, then I could probably buy it on Weds.

Seriously though... they need to get it together with these articles... no love for ESPN?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »